Admissions Evaluation Criteria
The Admissions Committee evaluates candidates on three criteria:
Undergraduate academic record and grade point average, including prerequisite accounting courses for those without an accounting undergraduate degree.
Average GPA Class of 2013: 3.53
GMAT score: The admissions committee requires that all applicants who score below 530 on their first attempt retake the exam prior to the application deadline.
Scores are accepted for the GMAT exam taken in the past 5 years.
Average GMAT Class of 2013: 580.
GMAT information can be obtained online.
- "Leadership" - The admissions committee scores an applicant on their leadership which may include:
- Internship/work experience
- Student Athletics
- Campus Organizations (fraternities/sororities/honor societies, etc.)
- Volunteer work/community involvement
- Study Abroad
- Overall presence, leadership experience and integrity
Who can apply?
- Individuals with an undergraduate degree in accounting
- Individuals with an undergraduate degree in any major provided they complete a set of seven prerequisite courses which include accounting and certain other courses that are the equivalent of those required for an undergraduate degree in accounting at NC State. Prerequisite courses must be completed by the start of the fall semester.
FOLLOW A MAC STUDENT THROUGH BLOG POSTS, CLASSROOM PROJECTS, CAREER EVENTS, CPA REVIEWS AND MORE.