The NC State Jenkins MBA program is excited to introduce a new virtual community to connect all MBA students using Google+ Communities.
The NC State Jenkins MBA community on Google+ is a private, online communication portal for all currently enrolled students. This is your go-to place for updates and information about events, program news, academic advising, graduation, and important deadlines. It's also a place to share feedback and ask for help with courses, sell/buy textbooks, and network for internships and jobs. Our goal is to create community through this site, and we encourage you to share relevant information, ask questions, and post information.
Google+ Communities should be your first stop when seeking the most up to date information about deadlines, upcoming events, conferences, and other important information. Please check this page regularly for updates and news that will help you navigate your time at NC State with ease!
Important information about using Google+
- In order to comply with NC State guidelines, you must create a Google+ Account using your ncsu.edu email address. If you need help creating an account, the Google+ Help page provides detailed and useful information.
- If you already have a Google+ account connected to a personal email address, you can choose to connect it to your ncsu.edu account or keep it separate. This is entirely up to you, but one of the benefits of keeping them separate is that you can maintain a strictly professional identity through your ncsu.edu account and keep your personal conversations in your personal account.
- While this community can be personal and casual, a certain level of professionalism is required. Please note that continued misuse of the community (harassment, spam, etc.) will result in removal from our Google+ Community. Please review this document on Netiquette.
How can you use Google+ Communities?
- Conduct Google Hangouts: Schedule virtual time to meet with classmates, faculty, and staff to complete projects and ask questions.
- Create Events: Events created through our community will go directly to your Google calendar - which means you can keep all MBA related appointments in one place.
- Find Information: This should be your first source when seeking information regarding advising deadlines, graduation, MBASA events, and student services related activities on and off campus.
- Connect: Have a book to sell? A survey you need completed for class? A room for rent? Extra tickets to a football game? A job opening in your company that would be a good fit for an MBA? This is a great way to quickly and easily connect with all current students and creates a larger, more cohesive network of Jenkins MBA colleagues.
- Create a Google+ account using your ncsu.edu email address
- Request to join: The Jenkins MBA @ NC State
Questions? Please contact Claire Jefferies at firstname.lastname@example.org.