The Poole College of Management at North Carolina State University views diversity as central to its academic mission. We are committed to fostering a supportive and inclusive environment that celebrates different human characteristics, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We believe that students who actively participate and learn in a diverse and inclusive community will develop critical skills to be successful in a global marketplace.
Diversity Peer Educators
Diversity Peer Educator (DPE) Scholarship offers students an increased leadership credential in multicultural education. The DPEs are instrumental in creating a inclusive environment within the Poole College of Management. The DPE program is a unique leadership opportunity to educate the college community about understanding, respect, and support for all people. We actively recruit, select, and train two DPEs a year.
Why become a DPE?
- enhance their leadership training and skills through various training and conference opportunities
- gain valuable skills in public speaking, facilitation, group development, and working with diverse populations
- form relationships with the Office of Undergraduate Programs staff and other students, University staff and administrators
- better the Poole College of Management and NC State University community by engaging the campus in purposeful dialogue to promote inclusivity
- help facilitate trainings and collaborative programs with other campus offices such as University Admissions and the Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity
- earn at $2,000 scholarship for their work within the college
- be a Poole College of Management student
- have a minimum of a 2.5 GPA and be in good judicial standing
- be able to attend a two-day training, and additional fun and engaging training workshops to meet other DPEs, build their own awareness, and learn new skill (dates:TBA).
- be able to work 8-10 hours per week during the 2013-2014 academic year.
The DPE Application (pdf) deadline is April 15, 2013. If you would you like more information please e-mail Ms. Breeden (email@example.com).
National Black Student Leadership Conference
|From National Black Student Leadership Conference|
Over winter break, the Poole College of Management sponsored 10 students to attend the National Black Student Leadership Conference held at the Raleigh Convention Center. All of the students who attended had a transformative educational experience. They have each blogged about the workshops and activities they participated in. Click on the links below to read their stories.
NC State Values Diversity - View the new Respect the Pack video
The NC State GLBT Center released a video, "It Gets Better," in support of our GLBT community.
We are delighted to share that one of our Student Network Group mentors appears in the film!
Our students, faculty and staff are encouraged to participate in diversity-related activities hosted by university. Following are links to NC State resources.
- Cultural Calendar
- Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity
- National Coalition Building Institute
- Equal Opportunity Institute
- Office of International Services
- Office of International Services Programs
- Office of International Affairs
- NC State Diversity Events and Activities
- NC State Student Diversity Organizations
- The GLBT Center
NC State Women's Center
Please contact the Poole Office of Undergraduate Programs at 515-5565. Ideas for activities and events related to Diversity and Inclusion are always welcome.