Mission and Values
At the Poole College of Management, we are a community that celebrates excellence, innovation, inclusion, ethical decision-making –– and addresses the challenges of our world by harnessing our varied skills, talents, strengths and experiences. This is how we think and do at NC State.
The Poole College of Management at NC State University actively engages with industry and academia to create an innovative and collaborative intellectual environment that fosters learning, scholarship and service. We focus on developing and supporting leaders with an entrepreneurial mindset and analytical problem solving capabilities to positively impact our data-rich, dynamic, global economy.
The Poole College of Management will be recognized as a world-class, innovative college of management that advances business and society.
- Excellence in all endeavors
- Innovative programs and approaches
- Impact of our scholarship
- Success of our students and alumni
- A culture of diversity and inclusion
- Ethical awareness, decisions and behaviors
- Positive contribution to our global society
- Enhance the success of our students through educational innovation.
- The Poole College of Management will be recognized as producing graduates who possess creative thought, analytic skills and the ability to foster an environment of positive intercultural interaction in the context of today’s data-driven, global economy.
- Enhance scholarship and research by investing in faculty and infrastructure.
- The Poole College of Management will develop national and international reputations for scholarship that positively impacts academia and industry.
- Enhance interdisciplinary scholarship to address the grand challenges of society.
- The Poole College of Management will partner with others to address complex issues through collaborative research and entrepreneurial engagement.
- Enhance organizational excellence by creating a culture of constant improvement.
- The Poole College of Management will responsibly develop and deploy resources to support the strategic priorities of the College.
- Enhance local and global engagement through focused strategic partnerships.
- The Poole College of Management will engage in partnerships that promote strategic innovation and provide impactful experiences to create value for all stakeholders.
Our annual report showcases college’s accomplishments in student success, faculty and scholarship, engagement with industry and academia, organizational excellence and local and global partnerships.