At the Poole College of Management, we instill an entrepreneurial mindset in all our students and build analytical skills into every program, so graduates leave here ready to lead — whether in a two-person tech startup or a Fortune 500 boardroom. We enhance our research and learning environment by partnering with academia and industry to create extraordinary experiences for our students and faculty. The results speak for themselves.
Click for full-size images.
Essential Facts and Figures
As of the Spring 2018 semester:
- ~100 full-time faculty members
- ~80 full-time staff
- 2,832 undergraduate students
- 899 graduate students
- 3 bachelor’s degrees: accounting, business administration and economics
- 4 master’s degrees: accounting, business administration, economics, management
- 1 doctoral degree: Ph.D. in Economics
- 200+ mutually beneficial relationships with corporate partners
- 15+ concentrations across academic programs, ranging from finance and supply chain management to entrepreneurship and marketing
- Executive education through custom-designed solutions, workshops and open programs
- 7 centers and initiatives fostering research, learning and corporate engagement: Business Sustainability, Center for Innovation Management Studies, Consumer Innovation Collaborative, Enterprise Risk Initiative, Entrepreneurship Clinic, Entrepreneurship Collaborative, Supply Chain Resource Cooperative
- 5 language tracks and global partnerships offered through the International Business Dual Degree Program
The Poole College of Management at NC State University actively engages with industry and academia to create an innovative and collaborative intellectual environment that fosters learning, scholarship and service. We focus on developing and supporting leaders with an entrepreneurial mindset and analytical problem solving capabilities to positively impact our data-rich, dynamic, global economy.
The Poole College of Management will be recognized as a world-class, innovative college of management that advances business and society.
- Excellence in all endeavors
- Innovative programs and approaches
- Impact of our scholarship
- Success of our students and alumni
- A culture of diversity and inclusion
- Ethical awareness, decisions and behaviors
- Positive contribution to our global society
Goal #1: Enhance the success of our students through educational innovation.
The Poole College of Management will be recognized as producing graduates who possess creative thought, analytic skills and the ability to foster an environment of positive intercultural interaction in the context of today’s data-driven, global economy.
Goal #2: Enhance scholarship and research by investing in faculty and infrastructure.
The Poole College of Management will develop national and international reputations for scholarship that positively impacts academia and industry.
Goal #3: Enhance interdisciplinary scholarship to address the grand challenges of society.
The Poole College of Management will partner with others to address complex issues through collaborative research and entrepreneurial engagement.
Goal #4: Enhance organizational excellence by creating a culture of constant improvement.
The Poole College of Management will responsibly develop and deploy resources to support the strategic priorities of the College.
Goal #5: Enhance local and global engagement through focused strategic partnerships.
The Poole College of Management will engage in partnerships that promote strategic innovation and provide impactful experiences to create value for all stakeholders.
25 Years of Poole
During the fall 2017 season, Poole celebrated its 25th anniversary and reintroduced the college through an integrated marketing campaign to students, alumni, partners, donors, peers, industry and other stakeholders.
Specifically, the 25th Anniversary campaign:
- Reintroduced the college to its stakeholders via an integrated communications campaign that employed video, digital, print, social media.
- Reflected upon the college’s 25 year history as a foundation for an exciting future.
- Demonstrated ways in which the think-and-do attitude has been embedded in the college through a series of integrated communications pieces that highlighted key differentiators of the college.
- Provided content that Poole will continue to leverage across multiple communication platforms to raise the college’s profile.
- Influenced overall reputation by showcasing the quality and expertise of Poole.
- First print and digital magazine mailed and emailed to 27,627 Poole College Alumni 692 AACSB School Administrators, in addition to faculty/staff/friends/university community.
- Nearly 100,000 emails sent with average open rate of 34%
- About 3,700 digital magazine sessions and about 5,500 pageviews logged
- Year-over-year improvements in Poole College of Management website traffic (sessions grew 4.8%, users grew 8.6% and pageviews grew 2.7% on a site that had previously been lagging year-over-year).
- 57 social media posts dedicated to the anniversary
- 72,711 organic and 108,588 paid social media impressions
- 11,075 persons reached via social media efforts
- 285 new Facebook, 96 Twitter, 103 Instagram and 275 LinkedIn followers