NC State provides a system of distributed Internet access, called “Nomad”. Nomad can be wireless or wired and can be accessed from these locations in Nelson Hall:
Is available throughout the building.
Data outlets are at every student desk in the college’s seven executive classrooms. (Students: Please check with your instructor to see if laptops are permitted in class.)
First Floor Common Area, Second Floor Common Area
Here is what’s needed to access the Internet using Nomad:
– An Ethernet cable, which can be purchased at the NCSU Bookstore, OR an internal or external wireless (802.11 b/g) card.
– A Unity ID and password.
– The browser of your choice (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc.).
After the above requirements are met:
– Plug the laptop into the data outlet or turn on your wireless card.
– Open your browser to any web page. You will be redirected to the Nomad login.
– There is a 2-hour limit on the connection. If you need more time, you may login again.