Skip to main content
Economics – 2012 Publications
- Caner, Mehmet, Berkowitz, Dan and Fang, Ying “The Validity of Instruments Revisited”. Journal of Econometrics. February 2012
- Clark, R. L., Morrill, M. S., Allen, S. G. (2012). The Role of Financial Literacy in Determining Retirement Plans. Economic Inquiry, 50(4), 851-866. [Published: October (4th Quarter/Autumn) 2012, Date: October (4th Quarter/Autumn) 2012]
- Clark, R. L., Morrill, M. S., Allen, S. G. (2012). Effectiveness of Employer-Provided Financial Information: Hiring to Retiring. American Economic Review, 102(3), 314-18. [Published: May 2012, Date: May 2012]
- Depro, Brooks and Palmquist, Raymond B. (EC) “How Do Ozone Levels Influence the Timing of Residential Moves?”. Land Economics. v. 88, n. 1, 43-57, February 2012
- Grennes, Thomas and Andris Strazds, 2012. “Is This Time Different for the U.S.?” EconoMonitor, January 17.
- Grennes, Thomas and Andris Strazds. 2012. “Is ECBs Refusal to Go Beyond Its Mandate a Policy Failure?” EconoMonitor. August 6.
- Grennes, Thomas and Andris Strazds. 2012.”The Elephant in the Room in the EU Competitiveness Debate”. EconoMonitor. August 15.
- Grennes, Thomas and Andris Strazds. “How Fast is the Boat to China? EconoMonitor, August 27.
- Grennes, Thomas and Andris Strazds. “What Do Central Banks Do Best?” EconoMonitor. September 5.
- Grennes, Thomas and Andris Strazds. “Can the Fed Kill Two Birds with OneStone?” EconoMonitor, September 17.
- Marinakis, Kosmas and Tsolouhas, Theofanis (EC) “A Comparison of Cardinal Tournaments and Piece Rate Contracts with Liquidity Constrained Agents”. Journal of Economics. 105(2) (2012), 161-190.
Economics – 2012 Research Presentations
- Bob Hammond “Personality Traits and Bidding Behavior in Competing Auctions” (with Thayer Morrill), 2012 Economic Science Association Conference, Tucson, AZ, November 17, 2012.
- Bob Hammond “Personality Traits and Bidding Behavior in Competing Auctions” (with Thayer Morrill), Informs Annual Meeting 2012, Phoenix, AZ, October 15, 2012* Clark, Robert (EC and MIE) “Effectiveness of Employer-Provided Financial Information: Hiring to Firing”. Annual Meeting of the American Economic Association, January 6, Chicago.
- Clark, Robert (EC and MIE) “Retirement Planning and the Future of Pension Plans in the U.S.” at Innovations for the Next Decade: A Triangle of Adventures in North Carolina, 10th annual conference of the Association of Retirement Organizations in higher Education, October 22, Chapel Hill, NC.
- Clark, Robert (EC and MIE) “Continuing Evolution of Public Pensions: Reforms, Reductions, and Reactions,” at Pensions in Peril: How Municipalities Are Defusing This Fiscal Time Bomb, Taubman Center for Public Policy and American Institutions, Brown University, October 25, Providence RI.
- Clark, Robert (EC and MIE) “Retirement Plan Design for the Future Public Sector Workforce,” at Public Sector Pension Reform: Addressing Pressing Fiscal Realities from a Long-Term Perspective,” SUNY Global Center, New York City, sponsored by SUNY and TIAA-CREF Institute, Dec. 7.
- Giuseppe Fiori “Market Deregulation and Optimal Monetary Policy in a Currency Union” NBER Internal Finance and Macroeconomics Program Meeting, Boston November 9, 2012.
- Giuseppe Fiori “Macroeconomic Effects of Product and Labor Market Deregulation” ECB/CEPR Labour Market Workshop 2012, 17-18 December.
- Melinda Morrill APPAM (Association for Public Policy and Management) on November 8th: “Can Simple Informational Nudges Increase Employee Participation in a 401(k) Plan?”