2019 GLAM Night Reflections

The 2019 GLAM night was held in Paris France on February 8th. The second annual event was attended by luxury  professionals from companies such as LVMH, Cartier, Chanel, and Hermes. Global Luxury and Management students, faculty and alumni had the opportunity to network with each other and the luxury professionals in attendance.

We caught up with two current students who attended the event and asked that they share some of their reflections of the experience.

Leigh Debevec, Class of 2019

“GLAM night brought top executives and students together to discuss the changing values of luxury. Society is constantly changing, but luxury is headed back to its fundamental values. Consumers want a company that will give them an authentic experience and allows them to feel included in the discussion. Students expressed valuing the same things when looking for an employer. Job seekers long for an open and inclusive work space where they can grow and contribute. Family run business owners expressed how they keep the businesses alive through personal passions.  I believe GLAM Night shined a light on the importance of brand inclusiveness, wisdom, and engagement to both students and executives.”

Cecily Sonner, Class of 2019

“The Luxury GLAM night was a perfect mix of learning, networking, and experiencing all of the exquisite luxuries of Le Meurice. I loved how we had the opportunity to gain key insights from top individuals in the field and then meet those speakers one-on-one to ask more questions and share contact information. I really took a lot away from the presentations and can see myself implementing these new values of luxury in my future work. It was also great to see GLAM alumni return and enjoy the night together. The night finished perfectly with a toast of champagne, gourmet food, and delectable desserts. When looking back on my time in Paris, I will always remember the Luxury GLAM night.”