Global Luxury and Management Career Development
The Global Luxury and Management program provides a comprehensive education, resources, mentoring and coaching around professional and leadership development, job search, and internal career advancement. Our team of program administration, NC State career counselors and leading professional coaching executives meet both in class and one-on-one with each student to build an individualized career management plan — assessing strengths and interests, building a brand and developing marketing documents, identifying target industries and employers or entrepreneurial endeavors, networking with advocates, interviewing, and negotiating.
Following graduation, students typically fill roles in these areas within luxury companies:
- Retail Brand Management and Strategic Planning
- Market Research and Consumer Insights
- Account Management and Sales
- Public Relations and Marketing Communications
- Digital Marketing and Social Media
- Customer Relationship Management
- Human Resources
Some specific career examples include:
- Funneling a passion for luxury vehicles into making brand strategy decisions for a luxury automaker
- Marrying an entrepreneurial drive with graduate management training to launch a creative agency for luxury brands
- Earning the opportunity to open the elite Middle Eastern retail location of a major French luxury brand
Global Luxury and Management Industry Advisory Mentorship Program
The Global Luxury and Management Industry Advisory Mentorship Program pairs every GLAM student with a mentor from NC State’s esteemed Global Luxury and Management Industry Advisory Board. Mentors and Mentees are paired based on student career goals, potential luxury industry interests and locations of interest, and/or skills we believe Mentors are best suited to help a Mentee develop. The Mentorship Program is important in the development of a students luxury network and luxury professional development.