Making Digital Transformation a Reality is Focus of CIMS’s Upcoming Meeting
Registration is now open for the 2016 Center for Innovation Management Studies (CIMS) Annual Meeting, focusing on “How to Make Digital Transformation a Reality for your Firm.”
The open meeting will be held November 30, 7:30 AM to 5:15 PM at the Research Triangle Park Foundation's Headquarters, 12 Davis Drive, Research Triangle Park, N.C.
Digital transformation changes how firms operate, create value and generate revenues by improving and enabling new types of innovation, creativity and business systems. A mix of industry and university presenters will provide insight on the process by :
- Defining a value proposition for new digital service offerings,
- Identifying the value network and ecosystem required to deliver a value proposition,
- Developing the competence-base needed for implementation,
- Managing the complexity associated with change program, and
- Sharing challenges and lessons learned from other firms that have completed their own digital transformation.
The focus of the meeting is to teach participants how to successfully implement digital transformation so their organizations can gain additional competitive advantages.
The list of presenters includes:
- Annette L. Ranft, dean and Stephen P. Zelnak Jr.Chair at the NC State University Poole College of Management, who will provide introductory remarks,
- Kirk Goldman, executive director of strategy and business development at Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, who will discuss, “Driving Digital Transformations in Retail Stores,”
- Scott Showalter, professor of practice in Poole College of Management’s Department of Accounting who will discuss, “How Data Analytics is Changing the Audit Profession; This Can Happen to You,”
- Dr. Gerhard Gudergan, director of the Institute for Industrial Management at RWTH Aachen University in Germany, who will discuss, “Creating a Framework to Study and Identify Best Practices of Digital Transformation,”
- Dr. Rosanna Garcia, associate professor of marketing in Poole College’s Department of Business Management, who will discuss, “Trust and the Customer Engagement in the Sharing Economy,”
- Brett Trusko, president and chief executive oficer of the International Association of Innovation Professionals, who will discuss, “The Power of the CIMS Network: Member Benefits in the International Association of Innovation Professionals,”
- Dr. William Rand, assistant professor at Poole College of Management’s Department of Business Management who will discuss, “How to Harness Social Analytics for Increased Business Insights,”
- Colleen Jenkins, director of U.S. Education Practice at SAS,
- Dr. Michael Kowolenko, principal research scholar and director at NC State University's ITNG (Institute for Next Generation IT Systems) who will discuss, “Evolution of Data Driven Decision-Making at NC State University,”
- Shawn Sweeney, IT manager at Cisco, who will discuss, “How Cisco is Enabling Digital Transformation,”
- Jessica Thomas, director of the Business Sustainability Collaborative at Poole College, who will discuss, “The Impact of Large Organizations Considering B Corp Status.”
Participants may register to attend one or more of the presentations. View the complete agenda and registration details.