Nov. 1-30 | International Education Month. Details here.
Nov. 3 | Homecoming Porch Party/Red & White Week, 4 PM. Details here.
Nov. 4-5 | A number of tech services are expected to be off line from 6 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 4 through 6 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 5, as OIT performs extensive system maintenance. Services that are expected to be affected include: MyPack Portal, Human Resources System, Financial System, Student Information System (SIS), OIT backup services; other services may also be affected. Additional information is available online here.
Nov. 6 | IT Upgrade begins in Nelson Hall, as part of campus-wide upgrade of cabling and technology infrastructure.
- Comtech will begin installing temporary cable needed to allow the building to operate during the permanent network upgrade. More than 540 network outlets will be replaced/upgraded. In the end, Nelson Hall will have a 10 Gigabit link to the campus Wide Area Network, greatly enhancing our technology capability and performance.
- No downtime is expected for this project, and Poole College IT Director Franklin Finch is working with Comtech on optimal times to be in Nelson for this work.
- Completion is expected by summer 2018. Contact Franklin Finch if you have questions.
Nov. 6, 11:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. | Panel Discussion: Looming Retirement Crisis in the U.S., Potential Solutions, with professors Robert Clark and Melinda Morrill discussing, along with representatives from TIAA. Registration and details
Nov. 16-17 – ERM in Higher Education. Details here.
Nov. 17-21 | International Education Week. NC State details here. Watch for Poole College news in a few weeks.
Nov. 29, 8:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. | Supply Chain Resource Cooperative Semi-annual Partners Meeting, Talley Student Center, Mountains Ballroom. Details here.
Dec. 4, 12-1:30 PM – NOTE: NEW DATE | Poole College Online Teaching Forum. Details to come.
As we wrap up Red and White Week at NC State … remember to use the hashtag #NCStateRedWhite in your social posts related to the festivities. Thank you for all you are doing to spread the word about our biggest annual event. Go Pack!
Poole College’s Jenkins MBA Program is hosting the second annual Grand Business Challenge, Nov. 2-4, at the Park Alumni Center and Hunt Library. Watch for a wrap-up story in the near future. Participating are four-person MBA teams from the following business schools:
- University of Georgia Terry College of Business
- Florida State University
- University of Economics, Prague
- Duke University Fuqua School of Business
- Singapore Management University
- Clemson University
- Texas Christian University
- North Carolina State University Poole College of Management
- Boston University Questrom School of Business
- Johns Hopkins University.
The 2018 McLauchlan Leadership Series kicks off on November 17, when it welcomes (and announces) the 2018 cohort of Jenkins MBA students. Watch for details later this month.
Poole College faculty and staff are invited to help support those in need.
- The NC State Staff Senate Bountiful Harvest Food Drive is taking donations through 5 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 6. Drop off packaged food items with Terry Price, 2150 Nelson Hall, (Undergraduate Programs’ suite). Donations support the Food Bank of Central & Eastern NC.
- Poole College sponsors a ‘shelf’ at the FEED-the-PACK food pantry, located at 1330 Broughton Hall. Donations are ongoing. Drop off packaged food donations at containers in 2150 Nelson (Undergraduate Programs’ suite). Contact Terry Price for details.
- NC State’s seasonal Coat Drive for NC State students begins Monday, Nov. 6 and runs through Nov. 30. Drop off clean, gently worn coats in a box located in the MIE suite.
- NC State’s seasonal Toys for Tots campaign is under way, and continues throughout the month of November. Poole College donations are being collected in the Undergraduate Suite, 2150 Nelson, and will be added to the campus-wide collection at the end of this drive. Details here.
- The 2017 State Employees Combined Campaign (SECC), continues through November. Donations may be made online at ncsu.edu/secc.
10th Annual Leadership & Innovation Showcase has been scheduled for April 19, 2018. Watch for details.
NEWS AND COMMUNICATIONS REQUESTS
- Submit non-ebillboard requests via this google form
- Submit e-billboard requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: a set of Poole-branded templates has been uploaded to this page for your use. Details
- Full listing of communications resources here.
RECENT POOLE COLLEGE HEADLINES
- Gina Poole Offers Top 10 (Plus One) Tips at Innovative Women’s Conference. Read here.
- What Data Show about NC’s Progress as a Startup Ecosystem. This ExitEvent story includes a reference to data provided through the Quarterly Outlook of Triangle Entrepreneurs (QuOTE), conducted by professors Jeff Pollack and Lewis Sheats. Read here.
- Quarterly Outlook of Triangle Entrepreneurs (QuOTE) Shows Greater Optimism from Q3 2017 Relative to Q4 2017. Read here.
- NC State Online MBA Earns Top-20 Rank. Read here.
- Economist Tom Grennes Comments on Jones Act Impact on Puerto Rico. Read here.
- Economist Roy Cordato Comments on Proposed Federal Income Tax Changes Read here.
- Professor Robert Handfield comments in this story, CVS is Plotting a $66 Billion Takeover – and It Has a Lot to Do with Fending Off Amazon – read more.
On Wednesday, Nov. 8, the Google Service Team will begin allowing campus users to opt-in to Google’s new calendar interface, which includes a number of new event and calendar views, along with other features that users may helpful for their daily work flow. Users can choose not to opt-in into the new calendar beginning on Nov. 8, but all users will be transitioned to the new calendar interface on Feb. 28, 2018. As with other opt-in features, up until Feb. 28, users will be able to go back to the old calendar interface. Training on the new Google Calendar interface begins in December. For more information and to register for a workshop visit here.
Nov. 3 | Annual Homecoming Porch Party. Details here
Nov. 13-19 | Global Entrepreneurship Week | View the Poole College calendar for related events.
Feb. 2 | Poole College Spring Career and Internship Fair. Details here
Nov. 7 | Tomas, Judy and Tucker CPA Firm Presentation. Details here.
Nov. 7 | Global Luxury and Management Information Session. Details here.
Nov. 13-17 | Global Enrepreneurship Week. Details here.
Nov. 28 | SHRM PRSSA Mock Interview. Details here.
Dec. 8 | FoodCon 2017. Details here.
See the Poole College calendar for additional events