Nov. 16-17 | ERM in Higher Education. Details here.
Nov. 20, 4-4:45 p.m. | Faculty/staff Open Forum during Chancellor’s Annual Visit to Poole College. Location: 2405 Nelson
Nov. 27-Dec. 8 | Delta Fall Workshops, Block 3. Registration is now open for these classes, for faculty, staff and teaching graduate students. Workshops include new and familiar topics to help with wrapping up the fall semester and assisting with spring 207 course preparation. Details here.
Nov. 29 | Supply Chain Resource Cooperative Semi-annual Partners Meeting, Talley Student Center, Mountains Ballroom. Details here.
Nov. 29, 3-4:15 p.m. | NC State Microeconomics Workshop Series, with Zhiyi (Alicia) Xu, NC State job market candidate: “Designing School Choice Mechanisms: A Structural Model and Demand Estimation,” (with Bob Hammond). Paper. Location: 4210 Nelson
Dec. 4, 12-1:30 p.m. | Poole College Online Teaching Forum: Design an Amazing Moodle Course. Details in Nov. 13 email message from Beth Shepherd. Register here by Nov. 28 for a free lunch. Location: 2403 Nelson
Dec. 6, 3-4:15 p.m. | NC State Microeconomics Workshop Series, with Aditi Pathak (NC State job market candidate), “Elderly Long-Term Care Choices: Evidence from Medicaid Home and Community Based Services.” Abstract. Location: 4210 Nelson
Jan. 9 | NC State Exec Ed’s Data Science for Leaders, Part 2. Launches. Details here.
Feb. 2 | Spring Career and Internship Fair. Details to come.
April 19 | 10th Annual Leadership & Innovation Showcase. Details to come.
SPECIAL FOCUS WEEKS, MONTHS
Nov. 1-30 | International Education Month, including Poole College Study Abroad Fair (Nov 14). Details here.
Nov. 1-30 | NC State Celebrates Native American Heritage, Culture. Details here.
Nov. 13-19 | Global Entrepreneurship Week, including Business Sustainability Collaborative’s Speed Networking for Social Entrepreneurs. Details here.
Nov. 14-20 | GLBT Center to observe Transgender Awareness Week. Details here.
Nov. 17-21 | International Education Week. Details here.
- Bartley Danielson, associate professor of finance and real estate in Poole College’s Department of Business Management, spoke recently at a meeting of the Rotary Club of Durham about his research on the relationship between school choices, economic development and quality of life. One attendee noted that what really hit home with that “schools do become an economic development driver especially when trying to (recruit) corporations to relocate here to the Triangle.”
- Next phase for Two Factor Authentication (2FA) involves Google generic accounts. These must be updated by December 13. Franklin Finch recommends those managing generic accounts to view a video produced by the College of Ag and Life Sciences (CALS). The NC State Office of Information Technology also has a video on YouTube from a recent workshop. Refer to Franklin’s November 9 email message on 2FA – Google Generic Accounts for more details, or contact the Poole College IT team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hunger & Homelessness Awareness Week, Nov. 12-19, offers a number of ways to help support those facing food and shelter insecurity. Details here.
- Ongoing support: Poole College sponsors a ‘shelf’ at the FEED-the-PACK food pantry, located at 1330 Broughton Hall. Donations are ongoing. Drop off packaged food donations at containers in 2150 Nelson (Undergraduate Programs’ suite). Contact Terri Price for details.
- Nov. 6-30 | NC State’s seasonal Coat Drive for NC State students. Drop off clean, gently worn coats in a box located in the Management and Innovation Management suite, first floor of Nelson Hall.
- November | NC State’s seasonal Toys for Tots campaign continues throughout the month of November. Poole College donations are being collected in the Undergraduate Suite, 2150 Nelson, and will be added to the campus-wide collection at the end of this drive. Details here.
- The 2017 State Employees Combined Campaign (SECC), continues throughout November. Donations may be made online at ncsu.edu/secc.
NEWS AND COMMUNICATIONS REQUESTS
- Submit non-ebillboard requests via this google form
- Submit e-billboard requests to email@example.com. Note: a set of Poole-branded templates has been uploaded to this page for your use. Details
- Full listing of communications resources here.
RECENT POOLE COLLEGE HEADLINES
- Faculty at the Forefront | From our Poole 25th Magazine. Read here.
- Intelligence Study IDs Key Factors for Government, Academia, Industry Collaboration (Beverly Tyler, et.al.). Read here.
- NC State Online MBA Earns Top-20 Rank. Read here.
- NC State Jenkins MBA Program Hosts 2017 Grand Business Challenge – Cyber Security. Read here.
- From our economics colleagues in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences: Economic Perspective – Potential Impact of Meat Substitutes.
POOLE COLLEGE IN THE NEWS
- Startup Axes and Ales’ founders – whose big red “Party Cat” firetruck was part of last week’s NC State Homecoming Parade – is getting assistance from a team of clinicians at the NC State Entrepreneurship Clinic. Read more in this Technician story.
- WRAL TechWire posted this followup story to the Q4 Outlook of Triangle Entrepreneurs’ report. Read here.
- 2017 Chancellor’s Report. Read here.
- December 6, 11 a.m to 1 p.m. | Chancellor’s Holiday Open House, Dec. 6, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Details here.
- Interested in making artisan meat products? Check out this workshop, Feb. 21-23, at the NC State Processed Meat Lab.
- Taxes on your mind lately? Mike Walden, William Neal Reynolds Distinguished Professor and Extension Economist in the Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, provides perspective in his article, “You Decide: Can Debates Over Tax Changes Be Resolved?”
- He also provides his perspective on the potential impact of meat substitutes.
Nov 13 | Net Impact Lunch and Learn with Megan Anderson, Sustainability Manager, City of Raleigh details here.
Nov. 13-17 | Global Entrepreneurship Week. Details here.
Nov. 28 | SHRM-PRSSA Mock Interviews. Details here.
Dec. 8 | FoodCon 2017. Details here.
Feb. 2 | Spring Career and Internship Fair. Watch for details.
April 19 | 10th Annual Leadership & Innovation Showcase. Watch for details.