- ENEWS SCHEDULE UPDATE: Starting November 24, this weekly e-newsletter will be completed every Friday (end of day) and distributed to Poole College faculty and staff Monday mornings. Information submitted by 5 p.m. Thursday will be included in the next week’s ENEWS.
- Quick Links: Faculty Info | Special Focus | College Notes | Outreach | Headlines/In the News | Campus Notes | For Students
Nov. 20, 4-4:45 p.m. | Faculty/staff Open Forum during Chancellor’s Annual Visit to Poole College. Location: 2405 Nelson
Nov. 27-Dec. 8 | Delta Fall Workshops, Block 3. Registration is now open for these classes, for faculty, staff and teaching graduate students. Workshops include new and familiar topics to help with wrapping up the fall semester and assisting with spring 207 course preparation. Details here.
Nov. 29 | Supply Chain Resource Cooperative Semi-annual Partners Meeting, Talley Student Center, Mountains Ballroom. Details here.
Nov. 29, 3-4:15 p.m. | NC State Microeconomics Workshop Series, with Zhiyi (Alicia) Xu, NC State job market candidate: “Designing School Choice Mechanisms: A Structural Model and Demand Estimation,” (with Bob Hammond). Paper. Location: 4210 Nelson
Dec. 4, 12-1:30 p.m. | Poole College Online Teaching Forum: Design an Amazing Moodle Course. Details in Nov. 13 email message from Beth Shepherd. Register here by Nov. 28 for a free lunch. Location: 2403 Nelson
Dec. 6, 3-4:15 p.m. | NC State Microeconomics Workshop Series, with Aditi Pathak (NC State job market candidate), “Elderly Long-Term Care Choices: Evidence from Medicaid Home and Community Based Services.” Abstract. Location: 4210 Nelson
Jan. 9 | NC State Exec Ed’s Data Science for Leaders, Part 2. Launches. Details here.
Feb. 2 | Spring Career and Internship Fair. Details to come.
April 19 | 10th Annual Leadership & Innovation Showcase. Details to come.
Nov. 1-30 | International Education Month, including Poole College Study Abroad Fair (Nov 14). Details here.
Nov. 1-30 | NC State Celebrates Native American Heritage, Culture. Details here.
Nov. 13-19 | Global Entrepreneurship Week, including Business Sustainability Collaborative’s Speed Networking for Social Entrepreneurs. Details here.
Nov. 14-20 | GLBT Center to observe Transgender Awareness Week. Details here.
Nov. 17-21 | International Education Week. Details here.
- Faculty Commencement Ceremony Reminder: Please complete this quick form to let the Commencement Ceremony team know how many chairs to have on stage and to know faculty members’ regalia needs. Respond by December 1.
- Poole College faculty among those invited to participate in a doctoral candidate’s research regarding technology adoption by faculty at AACSB-accredited business schools. Read more: Educational Technology Faculty Acceptance Study
- Ongoing support: Poole College sponsors a ‘shelf’ at the FEED-the-PACK food pantry, located at 1330 Broughton Hall. Donations are ongoing. Drop off packaged food donations at containers in 2150 Nelson (Undergraduate Programs’ suite). Contact Terri Price for details.
- Nov. 6-30 | NC State’s seasonal Coat Drive for NC State students. Drop off clean, gently worn coats in a box located in the Management and Innovation Management suite, first floor of Nelson Hall.
- November | NC State’s seasonal Toys for Tots campaign continues throughout the month of November. Poole College donations are being collected in the Undergraduate Suite, 2150 Nelson, and will be added to the campus-wide collection at the end of this drive. Details here.
- The 2017 State Employees Combined Campaign (SECC), continues throughout November. Donations may be made online at ncsu.edu/secc.
- Submit non-ebillboard requests via this google form
- Submit e-billboard requests to email@example.com. Note: a set of Poole-branded templates has been uploaded to this page for your use. Details
- Full listing of communications resources here.
- New Frontiers in Teaching: Video about how Poole College prepares graduates for business careers Read here.
- NC State Poole College Team Earns Right to Compete at Deloitte FanTAXtic Read here.
- NC State Jenkins MBA Ranks High on Career Success Read here
- NC State Rankins Top 20 in Best Colleges for Entrepreneurs Read here
- Student Entrepreneur Comes Full Circle Read here
- Hampton Pitts Named Poole College 2017 Person of the Year Read here.
- Jenkins MAC Alumni Serve Fellow Accountants through AICPA Roles Read here
- Designing Your Life Workshop Participants Learn to Create a Life View Read here
- Study Abroad Provides Global Perspective, a Chance to Explore Read here
POOLE COLLEGE IN THE NEWS
- Directors’ Experience Doesn’t Always Pay Off Read here
- Excess and Obsolete Inventory: You’re All Responsible for It Read here
- December 6, 11 a.m to 1 p.m. | Chancellor’s Holiday Open House, Dec. 6, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Details here.
Nov. 28 | SHRM-PRSSA Mock Interviews. Details here.
Dec. 8 | FoodCon 2017. Details here.
Feb. 2 | Spring Career and Internship Fair. Watch for details.
April 19 | 10th Annual Leadership & Innovation Showcase. Watch for details.