ENEWS UPDATED PRODUCTION SCHEDULE: Weekly editions are posted by 5 p.m. each Friday; a link to each edition is sent to the college’s faculty/staff listserve the following Monday morning. Submit information by 5 p.m. Thursday to be included in that Friday’s edition. Note: The ENEWS schedule is periodically adjusted, based on the NC State University calendar. It is not published over Thanksgiving weekend nor during Winter Break, which this year is Dec. 25 – Jan. 1. The last ENEWS this year will be published Dec. 15 and distributed Dec. 18. ENEWS will resume publication/distribution on Jan. 5/Jan. 8.
- Quick Links: Faculty Info | College Notes | Poole Headlines/In the News | Campus Notes | Special Focus | Outreach | For Students | Submit News/Communications Requests
Nov. 27-Dec. 8 | Delta Fall Workshops, Block 3. Details here.
Dec. 4, 12-1:30 p.m. | Poole College Online Teaching Forum: Design an Amazing Moodle Course. Details in Nov. 13 email message from Beth Shepherd. Location: 2403 Nelson
Dec. 6, 2-3:30 p.m. | Poole College Faculty Meeting, 2405 Nelson. Meeting materials will be distributed by 5 p.m. Monday, Dec. 4.
Dec. 6, 3-4:15 p.m. | NC State Microeconomics Workshop Series, with Aditi Pathak (NC State job market candidate), “Elderly Long-Term Care Choices: Evidence from Medicaid Home and Community Based Services.” Abstract. Location: 4210 Nelson
Dec. 6, 5-7:00 p.m. | Poole College Faculty & Staff Winter Social. Details
Dec. 8, 2-3:00 p.m. | Poole College Staff Meeting. Details. Location: 4201 Nelson
Dec. 15, 9-11:30 a.m. | NC State Commencement Ceremony. Details
Dec. 15, 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. | Poole College Commencement Ceremony. Details
Dec. 24-Jan. 1 | Winter Break. View the university holiday schedule here.
Jan. 9 | NC State Exec Ed’s Data Science for Leaders, Part 2. Details here.
Feb. 2 | Spring Career and Internship Fair. Details to come.
Feb. 21, 5-6:45 p.m. | The Public School Advantage: Why Public Schools Outperform Private Schools – A Discussion with Authors and Researchers, co-hosted by the College of Education, Poole College of Management and College of Humanities and Social Sciences. Location: Park Shops 210. [Opening Reception, 5-5:30 p.m.; Talk, 5:30-6:45 p.m.]
April 19 | 10th Annual Leadership & Innovation Showcase. Details to come.
- Research on skepticism, by Joe Brazel, Jenkins Distinguished Professor of Accounting, and his co-authors was presented to the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) Standing Advisory Group’s (SAG) at its November 30 meeting. The presentation included results from a working paper, When Rewards Encourage Professional Skepticism (And When They Do Not) (Apr. 2017), co-authored with Justin Leiby and Tammie J. Schaefer; and a 2016 paper, The Outcome Effect and Professional Skepticism, The Accounting Review 1577 (Nov. 2016), co-authored with Scott B. Jackson, Tammie J. Schaefer and Bryan W. Stewart.
- Faculty Commencement Ceremony Reminder: Please complete this quick form to let the Commencement Ceremony team know how many chairs to have on stage and to know faculty members’ regalia needs. Respond by December 1.
- Poole College faculty among those invited to participate in a doctoral candidate’s research regarding technology adoption by faculty at AACSB-accredited business schools. Read more: Educational Technology Faculty Acceptance Study
- FYI: FORBES reports that North Carolina is the only state to rank among the top five on its Best States for Business for 12 straight years, and this year, it made it to the top of the list. Read the story here. (Thanks for sharing, Brian Newton.)
- IBM Case Study Webinar: How AI Can Revolutionize Your Supply Chain NOW. Read here.
- NC State Alumni Association Honors Global Supply Chain Exec Ken Torok. Read here.
- Cyber Monday Trends. Read here.
- NC State Announced 2018 McLauchlan Fellows. Read here.
- Jenkins MAC Alumni Serve Fellow Accountants through AICPA Roles. Read here.
- How New Frontiers in Teaching: Video about how Poole College prepares graduates for business careers Read here.
- NC State Poole College Team Earns Right to Compete at Deloitte FanTAXtic Read here.
- NC State Jenkins MBA Ranks High on Career Success Read here
- NC State Ranks in Top 20, Best Colleges for Entrepreneurs Read here
- Student Entrepreneur Comes Full Circle Read here
- Hampton Pitts Named Poole College 2017 Person of the Year Read here.
- Jenkins MAC Alumni Serve Fellow Accountants through AICPA Roles Read here
- Designing Your Life Workshop Participants Learn to Create a Life View Read here
- Study Abroad Provides Global Perspective, a Chance to Explore Read here
POOLE COLLEGE IN THE NEWS
- Directors’ Experience Doesn’t Always Pay Off Read here
- Excess and Obsolete Inventory: You’re All Responsible for It Read here
LET’S BE SOCIAL
Follow us on …
- December 6, 11 a.m to 1 p.m. | Chancellor’s Holiday Open House, Dec. 6, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Details here.
- December 14, 4-5:30 p.m. | Chancellor’s Reception for graduates and guests. Location: Atrium, Talley Student Union
- Ongoing support: Poole College sponsors a ‘shelf’ at the FEED-the-PACK food pantry, located at 1330 Broughton Hall. Donations are ongoing. Drop off packaged food donations at containers in 2150 Nelson (Undergraduate Programs’ suite). Contact Terri Price for details.
Dec. 8 | FoodCon 2017. Details here.
Dec. 13 | Startup 101 Webinar: Value Propositions and Elevator Pitches. Details.
Feb. 2 | Spring Career and Internship Fair. Watch for details.
April 19 | 10th Annual Leadership & Innovation Showcase. Watch for details.
- Submit non-ebillboard requests – including news story ideas and photo opportunities – via this google form.
- Submit e-billboard requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: a set of Poole-branded templates has been uploaded to this page for your use. Details
- Full listing of communications resources here.