A reimbursement request should be submitted within 30 days of the purchase date. Submit request via email or hard copy to a member of the Business Office for review and processing.
Every effort should be made to ensure that an employee does not have to spend their own monies for university-related purchases. However, when necessary the employee will need to complete a Procurement Request Form and attach all appropriate documentation in order to receive reimbursement.
A timely reimbursement is a priority for our office so please be sure to provide the following:
- Completed Procurement Request Form (PRF) –– see Forms
- Obtain all required signatures on form
- Detailed/Itemized receipts and any required supporting documentation
- Securely affix all edges of receipts that are smaller than letter size paper; the tape should NOT cover any of the print/ink
If the reimbursement is for a meal/catering, both the itemized receipt (includes food selection and beverages) and the captured transaction receipt (includes tip, total and signature) are required. An Attendee List (First and Last Name) with status/business relationship of each person served a meal is also required.
If the reimbursement is for a gift/gift card, a Recipient List is also required. In addition to the First and Last Name, depending on status, the list must also include:
- Employee – Employee ID#
- Non-Employee – Address of the recipient
- NC State Student – Student ID#
In a continuing effort to streamline administrative costs and operate most efficient, the university has moved toward the required use of MarketPlace for supply purchases less than $250.
If you do request such a reimbursement, you must also submit a reason as to why the purchase was not made via MarketPlace and/or PCard.