The following requirements adhere to all alcohol-related purchases:
- Costs should be reasonable and incidental to the overall costs of the meal/event with no more than 2 drinks allowed per person.
- Expense is only allowable on non-state funds.
- A documented business purpose must be provided.
File: Download Alcohol Guidelines
Guidelines and Procedures
Advance approval is required in order to serve alcohol at on-campus events. The unit requesting permission must complete the Alcohol Pre-authorization Form at least seven business days prior to the event in order to allow time for review. The Requestor:
- Must complete the form electronically (no ink signature required).
- Must submit the completed form via email to Kimberly Whitfield at email@example.com.
- Will receive the approved form (with Dean signature) via email.
- Must attach the approved form as supporting documentation to the financial transaction (PCard, Invoice, or Reimbursement).
- Additional Dean signature will not be required in Section II of the Procurement Transaction Form.
Off-campus Events and Business Related Meals:
- Advance approval is NOT required in order to serve alcohol at off-campus events or business related meals with University guests or other external individuals.
- Both Department Head and Dean signatures are required in Section II of the Procurement Request Form.
Resource: NC State Alcohol Regulation 04.20.01