These guidelines are to clarify the University’s requirements and process for the purchase of alcohol, to include all meals or events with University guests or other external individuals, in the Poole College of Management.
The following requirements adhere to all alcohol-related purchases:
- Costs should be reasonable and incidental to the overall costs of the meal/event with no more than 2 drinks allowed per person.
- Expense is only allowable on non-state funds.
- A documented business purpose must be provided.
File: Download Alcohol Guidelines
Guidelines and Procedures
Advance approval is required in order to serve alcohol at on-campus events. The unit requesting permission must complete the Alcohol Pre-authorization Form at least seven business days prior to the event in order to allow time for review. The Requestor:
- Must complete the form electronically (no ink signature required).
- Must submit the completed form via email to Kimberly Whitfield at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Will receive the approved form (with Dean signature) via email.
- Must attach the approved form as supporting documentation to the financial transaction (PCard, Invoice, or Reimbursement).
- Additional Dean signature will not be required in Section II of the Procurement Transaction Form.
Off-campus Events and Business Related Meals:
- Advance approval is NOT required in order to serve alcohol at off-campus events or business related meals with University guests or other external individuals.
- Both Department Head and Dean signatures are required in Section II of the Procurement Request Form.
Resource: NC State Alcohol Regulation 04.20.01