New employee to-do list
We encourage you to complete the tasks below during your first week in the college.
1. Make sure your technology is working properly.
Contact the Computing Services at email@example.com if you experience any issues.
2. First things first! Create an NC State email signature.
Follow the university guidelines to create an email signature.
3. Check that you have access to the college files.
NC State is a Google campus. We keep college files on the PCOM Faculty & Staff Google Team Drive. To access it:
- Log in with you NC State email account and go to the Google Drive at google.com/drive.
- On the left, you should be able to see Team Drives (under My Drive). Click on the Team Drives and check if you see PCOM Faculty & Staff. If you don’t have access, please email Maria Potepalova at firstname.lastname@example.org
You’ll also start receiving the college’s weekly newsletter Poole Connections Monday following your start day.
4. Order office supplies, business cards and a name tag –– contact your unit’s area assistant.
- To see business cards examples, visit the Wolf Xpress Print and Copy Services.
- For executive assistants and business office liaisons: A preferred vendor for a name tag is TNTadSpecialties.com (Luanna Edwards, email@example.com)
5. Share your temporary headshot and a short professional bio for the online directory page.
Email the following information to Maria Potepalova at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Education credentials
- Office number, phone and fax number
- Short bio: Review an example of a staff member directory page and a faculty member directory page
- Faculty members: include your CV, Google Scholar link, a list of publications and/or anything else you’d like to appear on your directory page
6. Get a new headshot.
There are two ways how to get a new profile photo:
- Email Becky L Kirkland, university photographer, at email@example.com to schedule an individual photoshoot. We suggest you do this within your first few days at Poole. Grey background.
- We also organize photo shoots in Nelson Hall at the beginning of each semester, in August and January/February, and you can send a temporary headshot if you prefer to wait. Please visit the calendar on the internal website to see if the next session is scheduled.