About the Series
- Open to all Poole College faculty and staff, no need to clock out in Wolftime
- Offered quarterly
- Taught by our own faculty, staff and alumni, as well as external guests presenters
The series is offered by the Dean’s office in collaboration with the Office of Business Services, Executive Education and internal topic experts.
Schedule for 2019-20*
- Friday, October 18, 2019: Unconscious Bias led by Tayah Butler in Nelson Hall 2405. The goal for the session is to improve awareness of our prejudices or unsupported judgments in how we see one group vs another, and in the way we communicate with others. Add to your Google calendar.
- Friday, December 6, 2019: Effective Communication (I-OPT) led by Beth Ritter in Nelson 2405. Improve self-awareness of personal communication style, and learn how to improve communicating with others. Prior the event, participants must complete the I-opt survey by Nov. 26 to determine the best way to communicate with team members and stakeholders based on unique characteristics. Add to your Google Calendar.
- January, date/time TBD: Excel Skills 101. Learn how to track departmental expenses, prepare budgets and communicate with Dean’s Office more effectively.
- Multi-generational relationships, date/time TBD. Improve knowledge and understanding of working with people of different generations, including students, new hires and senior faculty.
*Schedule is subject to change. Please keep checking this page and the Business Services newsletter for any updates.
If you have any questions, please contact the Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.