IT Checklist for Fall 2018 Faculty
1. Mediasite Opt-In Portal
If you plan to capture your class in the fall, please make sure you have completed the opt-in online request form found on the DELTA website here.
2. Visit Your Classroom in Nelson Hall
Please stop by prior to Monday, Aug. 20 to see the classroom/classrooms in which you will be teaching, so that you can familiarize yourself with the space after the summer break.
Log in to the classroom workstation so your faculty profile can be generated prior to the first day of class and that you test all application specific software you will be using in that class section.
Please remember to bring your dry eraser markers to class with you; your department is now providing them.
3. Attend A Moodle Training Class
Review the Available Workshops on the DELTA website.
If you can’t attend the custom training session, you can also view online versions of the Moodle Training Workshops.
The online catalog includes the following instructional videos: What’s New in Moodle 2.8, Moodle 2: Getting Started, Moodle: Effective Design Strategies, Moodle: Creating and Administering Quizzes, Moodle: Gradebook Basics
4. Top Hat –– Classroom Response System
Top Hat is the new enterprise standard response system supported at NC State. Please visit this website for more information and use in the classroom.
*Turning Point is no longer being supported.
5. Enroll In Wireless/Nomad
Students, faculty and staff can enroll on the OIT website.
6. What software is available to me? How to buy a computer?
The first step is to review software.ncsu.edu
- Please check with PCOM Computing Services prior to purchasing any software to ensure it is compatible with our current desktop standard for the college.
- Please consult with PCOM Computing Services prior to purchasing any hardware to ensure it is purchased via MarketPlace.
7. Email Phishing Best Practices
Review the following document: 5 Tips to Avoid Phishing Attacks
8. How to get IT Help
- Please send an email via Google to email@example.com. This will route to our new incident management tracking system Service Now and begin the proper workflow notification to me as well as my entire team of your request.
- If you are in the classroom and have an immediate IT issue, please call our on-call phone at 919-576-6869 (M-Th: 7:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m. and Fri: 7:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m.) on normal class or exam days.