Application requirements consist of the following:
Final deadline to be considered for MAC fellowships & scholarships
Final deadline for general admissions
- The Graduate School Standard Application
If you intend to enroll in graduate courses in the summer, please mark summer on the graduate school application.
- $75 non-refundable application fee for U.S. citizens and Permanent Residents or $85 USD for non-resident aliens and international applicants.
- Personal Statement
- The personal statement should provide the admissions committee with information that makes you stand out from other applicants and that is not highlighted in your resume. Examples include: interest in pursuing a Masters of Accounting program, specifically at NC State, why you chose your undergraduate major, what you would like to do after attending a Masters of Accounting program, special awards or challenges you overcame, achievements in your life, hobbies and extracurricular activities you participated in, etc.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Although not required, the admissions committee suggests at least one recommendation to be from a faculty member or employer supervisor or manager.
- Resume (uploaded through graduate school application)
- Resume should include all work history, internships, organizations participated in, leadership roles, etc. This will all be a part of your leadership/engagement score.
- Transcripts – 1 copy (from all universities attended)
- It is recommended to send official transcripts but unofficial are accepted for admissions. Official transcripts with degree conferred must be submitted before starting the program.
- GMAT scores
- Minimum 530 GMAT score required.
- Official GMAT scores submitted to the MAC Program office with GMAT code: D6L-QO-91. Scores are accepted for the GMAT exam taken in the past 5 years.
- Review our GMAT waiver policy. (NCSU undergrads do not have to submit a waiver if 3.5 overall GPA, accounting minor or major, and 2 years of academic work at NCSU upon graduation)
- TOEFL or IELTS for international applicants only, DI code: 5496
- Interview – by invitation only
The MAC program requires a personal interview as part of the application process. Interviews may be waived in certain circumstances. Once the program receives your MAC Application, a member of the MAC team will contact you. If you have not heard from us, please call 919-515-4431. It is preferred that interviews be conducted in person. However, if it is not possible, we will use Skype which requires the use of a webcam.
You may check the status of your application materials at any time via NC State's Graduate School Online Application website. You may e-mail or call our office (919-515-4431) any time for an update on the status of your application; however, for security reasons, we will not give admission decisions on the telephone. You will receive a letter from the Dean of the Graduate School following the official admission decision.