Poole College welcomed 1,451 new students this fall, and also introduced a new opportunity to help them develop professionally – the Poole Leadership Challenge. Following is a snapshot of our newly enrolled students, as of August 23. Some of the data may change following completion of the university’s Census Day enrollment report.
Poole College’s undergraduate students are admitted as freshmen, internal transfer students from another degree program at NC State, or as external transfers from another college or university.
- 506 students
- Average SAT: 1316
- Average ACT: 30
- Average weighted GPA: 4.28
- 56% were in the top 10% of their high school graduating class
Internal Undergraduate Transfer Students entering Poole College this Fall
- 391 undergraduate students transferred to Poole College from other colleges at NC State University since January 2019. Of those, 222 are starting this fall; 54 started in July.
- Average GPA: 3.6
External Undergraduate Transfer Students entering Poole College this Fall
- New students: 196
- Average GPA: 3.6
- Transferring from North Carolina community colleges: 58%
- Bringing credit from 65 domestic and international institutions
- Coming from 12 states in the U.S.
NC State Jenkins Master of Accounting program
The one-year NC State Jenkins MAC program enrolled 122 for the 2019-20 academic year. In addition to NC State, the new students came from nine UNC system universities and more than 26 other universities in the U.S., as well as two international universities: Meenakshi College for Women, Chennai, India, and the University of Electronic Science and Technology of China. Twelve of the MAC students received fellowships.
- Average GPA 3.54
- Average GMAT 569
- Gender: Female 51%; Male 49 %
- Non-NC State undergraduates: 44%
- Underrepresented Minorities: 24%
- Majors: accounting, 77%; other majors, 23%
Graduate Economics Program
The Graduate Economics Program, delivered jointly by the Poole College Department of Economics and the College of Agriculture and Natural Sciences’ Agricultural Economics, enrolled 13 doctoral and 14 master’s degree students.
- New doctoral students: 13
- Gender: Female: 4; Male, 9
- Countries: US: 3; China: 4; Korea: 4; Kuwait: 1; Saudi Arabia: 1.
- New master’s students: 14
- Master’s: Female, 7, Male, 7
- Countries: US: 3; China: 6; Turkey: 2; Ivory Coast: 1; Libya: 1; Ecuador: 1.
NC State Jenkins MBA
Total new MBA students enrolled: 161.
- Total enrolled: 46
- International: 20%
- U.S. Underrepresented Minority: 18.93%
- Average GMAT: 608
- Average GPA: 3.55
- Work Experience: 3.62 years
- Gender: Female, 47.8%; Male, 52.2%
- Total enrolled: 53
- International: 13.21%
- U.S. Underrepresented Minority: 21%
- Average GMAT: 547
- Average GRE: 306
- Average GPA: 3.36
- Work Experience: 9.28 years
- Gender: Female, 43.4%; Male, 56.6%
- Total enrolled: 62
- International: 3.23%
- U.S. Underrepresented Minority: 26.75%
- Average GMAT: 557
- Average GPA: 3.25
- With graduate degrees: 16
- Work Experience: 9.55 years
- Gender: Female, 32.26%; Male, 67.74%
Global Luxury and Management Program
Students in this year’s Global Luxury and Management Program, offered jointly by the Jenkins Graduate School at Poole College of Management and Skema Business School, came from 20 undergraduate universities and nine countries: U.S., France, Denmark, Germany, Japan, India, Mexico, Canada and Myanmar.
- NC State-recruited students entering the program completed undergraduate degrees in 16 majors: Finance, Communications Studies/Speech Communication & Rhetoric, International/Global Studies, Fashion Merchandising, Public Relations, Advertising and Applied Communication, Journalism, Fashion/Apparel Design, Apparel and Textile Marketing Management, Economics, Organizational Communication, Marketing/Marketing Management, and Business Administration and Management.
- Total enrolled: 48
- International: 40%
- U.S. Underrepresented Minority: 33%
- Average NC State-recruited GPA: 3.53
- Average Work Experience: 2.5 years
- Gender: Female, 87%; Male, 13%