Dean - Management
Stephen P. Zelnak Jr. Chair
Nelson Hall 2102
Ph.D., Business Administration, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (1997)
Department and Affiliations
Office of the Dean
Area(s) of Expertise
Merger and Acquisition Integration, Knowledge-based Perspectives, Strategic Leadership, and Innovation
- Norman, P. M., Butler, F. C., & Ranft, A. L. (2013) Resources matter: Examining the effects of resources on the state of firms following downsizing. Journal of Management. 39: 2009-2038.
- Upson, J. W., Connelly, B., Ketchen, D. J., & Ranft, A.L. (2012) Competitor analysis and foothold moves. Academy of Management Journal, 55: 93-110.
- Ellis, K., Reus, T., Lamont, B.T., & Ranft, A.L. (2011) Transfer effects in large acquisitions: How size-specific experience matters. Academy of Management Journal, 54: 1261-1276.
- Reus, T., Ranft, A. L., Lamont, B. T., & Adams, G. (2009) An interpretive systems view of knowledge investments. Academy of Management Review, 34: 382-400.
- Ranft, A. & Lord, M. (2002) Acquiring new technologies and capabilities: A grounded model of acquisition implementation. Organization Science, 13: 420-441.
- Ranft, A. & O’Neill, H. (2001) Board composition and high-flying firms: Hints of trouble to come? Academy of Management Executive, 15: 126-138.
- Ranft, A. & Lord, M. (2000) Acquiring new knowledge: The role of retaining human capital in acquisitions of high-tech firms. Journal of High Technology Management Research, 11:295-319.