Department and Affiliations
Department of Business Management, Executive Programs, Supply Chain Resource Cooperation
Area(s) of Expertise
Manufacturing and supply chain strategies; supply chain process management; planning and control systems
Professor Cecil Bozarth is a Professor of Operations and Supply Chain Management, specializing in operations and supply chain strategy, and business process management. He has won teaching awards at the college and university level, and is co-author of the book Introduction to Operations and Supply Chain Management, published by Prentice-Hall. Professor Bozarth’s research has appeared in the Journal of Operations Management, Decision Sciences, International Journal of Operations and Production Management, and Production and Operations Management, and he serves as an associate editor for the Journal of Operations Management. Professor Bozarth’s consulting experience cuts across a wide range of companies, including ABB, Bayer, Daimler-Benz, Duke Energy, IBM, GSK, and BlueCross BlueShield.
- Aitken, J., Bozarth, C., & Garn, W (2016). To eliminate or absorb supply chain complexity: A conceptual model and case study. Supply Chain Management: An International Journal. Vol. 21, No. 6, pp. 759-774.
- Bozarth, C., Warsing, D., Flynn, B., & Flynn, J. (2009). The impact of supply chain complexity on manufacturing plant performance. Journal of Operations Management, Vol. 27, No. 1, pp. 79-93.
- Bozarth, C., Blackhurst, J., & Handfield, R. (2007). Following the Thread: Industry Cluster Theory, the New England Cotton Textiles Industry, and Implications for Future Supply Chain Research. Production and Operations Management, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 154-157.
- Bozarth,C., (2006). ERP Implementation Efforts at Three Firms: Applying lessons from the SISP and IT-Enabled Change Literature. International Journal of Operations and Production Management, Vol. 26, No. 11, pp. 1223-1239.
- Bozarth, C. & Vilarinho, P.(2006). Analyzing the impact of space density and planning and control procedures on plant space requirements: A case study and methodology. International Journal of Industrial Engineering, Vol. 13, No. 1.
- Bozarth, C., & Handfield, R. (2008, 4th Edition). Introduction to Operations and Supply Chain Management. Pearson Prentice-Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ.
- Working Papers
- Bozarth, C., Warsing, D., Rossetti, C. & Flynn, B. The relationship between supply chain complexity, lean production practices, and manufacturing plant performance.
- Gallmann, F., deTreville, S., Bornoz, M., Reiner, G., and Bozarth, C. Human and organizational factors in lead-time reduction. “
- Bozarth, C. & Warsing, D. The effects of information-processing alternatives on managing supply chain complexity: Empirically-supported prescriptions versus practice.
- Bozarth, C. & Warsing, D. The evolving role of manufacturing planning and control systems in supply chains.