Nelson Hall 1316
, , ()
Department and Affiliations
Management, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship
Area(s) of Expertise
- Entrepreneurship in Firm Theories
- Sequence and process of capability building
- Entrepreneurship Differences-regions, gender, degree
I apply research tools from behavioral and economic theories to study problems facing entrepreneurs. I gather data from experiments, simulations and archival panels. Recently, I have started using tools of Big Data Analytics to gather unstructured web data for research in video games and bio-pharmaceutical industries. My research has been presented in entrepreneurship and strategic management conferences and published in journals like the Journal of Applied Psychology and the Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal.
- Gupta, V. K., Turban, D. B., & Bhawe, N. M. 2008. The effect of stereotype activation on entrepreneurial intentions. Journal of Applied Psychology, 93(5): 1053-1061.
- Zahra, S. A., Rawhouser, H., Bhawe, N. M., Neubaum, D. O., & Hayton, J. C. 2008. Globalization of social entrepreneurship opportunities. Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal, 2(2): 117-131.
- Gupta, V. K., & Bhawe, N. M. 2007. The influence of proactive personality and stereotype threat on women’s entrepreneurial intentions. Journal of Leadership & Organizational Studies, 13(4), 73-85.