I apply research tools from behavioral and economic theories to study problems facing entrepreneurs. I gather data from experiments, simulations and archival panels. Recently, I have started using tools of Big Data Analytics to gather unstructured web data for research in video games and bio-pharmaceutical industries. My research has been presented in entrepreneurship and strategic management conferences and published in journals like the Journal of Applied Psychology and the Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal.
Bachelor of Science , Industrial Engineering , University of Mumbai (2001)
Master of Science , Industrial and Systems Engineering , Penn State University (2003)
Ph.D., Business Administration, University of Minnesota (2011)
Area(s) of Expertise
- Entrepreneurship in Firm Theories
- Sequence and process of capability building
- Entrepreneurship Differences-regions, gender, degree
- Gupta, V. K., Turban, D. B., & Bhawe, N. M. 2008. The effect of stereotype activation on entrepreneurial intentions. Journal of Applied Psychology, 93(5): 1053-1061.
- Zahra, S. A., Rawhouser, H., Bhawe, N. M., Neubaum, D. O., & Hayton, J. C. 2008. Globalization of social entrepreneurship opportunities. Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal, 2(2): 117-131.
- Gupta, V. K., & Bhawe, N. M. 2007. The influence of proactive personality and stereotype threat on women’s entrepreneurial intentions. Journal of Leadership & Organizational Studies, 13(4), 73-85.