Ph.D., Accounting, University of South Carolina (2002)
Area(s) of Expertise
- Research: Behavioral research in accounting information systems
- Teaching: Accounting information systems, ERP, research seminars
- Borthick, A. F. & Pennington, R. (2017). When Data Become Ubiquitous, What Becomes of Accounting and Assurance? Commentary. Journal of Information Systems 31 (3), 1-4.
- Pennington, R. & Kelton, A. (2016). How Much is Enough? An Investigation of NonprofessionalInvestor Information Search and Stopping Rule Use. International Journal of Accounting Information Systems, 21, 47-62. DOI: 10.1016/j.accinf.2016.04.003.
- Pennington, R., Schafer, J.K., & Pinsker, R. (2017). Do Auditor Advocacy Attitudes ImpedeAudit Objectivity? Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Finance, 32 (1), 136-151.
DOI: 10.1177/0148558X16641862. Published online first at (2016):http://jaf.sagepub.com/content/early/2016/04/13/0148558X16641862.full.pdf+html
- Pennington, R., Schafer, J.K., & Pinsker, R.E. (2015). What Happens to Judgment Quality when Accountants Change Roles within their Firm? The Tax Stringer, (September)
- Kelton, A. & Pennington, R. (2012). Internet Financial Reporting: The Effects of InformationPresentation Format and Content Differences on Investor Decision Making. Computers in Human Behavior, 28 (4), 1178-1185.
- Kelton, A., Pennington, R., & Tuttle, B. (2010). The Effects of Information Presentation Format on Judgment and Decision Making: A Review of the Information Systems Research. Journal of Information Systems, 24 (2), 79-105.
- Taylor, E. & Pennington, R. (2009). Excel 2007 – A Tutorial of Basic Skills for Accounting and Business Majors. Compendium of Classroom Cases and Tools for AIS Applications C3, 4.
- Pinsker, R., Pennington, R., & Kahle, J. (2009). “The Impact of Professional Role, Advocacy Attitudes, and the Decision Environment on Belief Revisions,” Behavioral Research in Accounting, 21 (2), 91-111.