University of Chicago,
Department and Affiliations
Department of Economics
Area(s) of Expertise
- Wessels, W. J. (2007). A Reexamination of Card and Krueger’s State-Level Study of the Minimum Wage. Journal of Labor Research, XXVIII, 135-146.
- Wessels, W. J. (2006). A Test of the Increment-Decrement Method of Calculating Worklife Expectancies. Journal of Forensic Economics, XVIII, 197-210.
- Wessels, W. J. (2006). Economics (4th). Hauppauge, New York: Barron’s Educational Series.
- Wessels, Walter J., “Minimum Wages and Tipped Servers,” Economic Inquiry, April 1997: pp. 42-52.
- Wessels, Walter J., Pumphrey, G., “The Effects of Cooperative Education on Wages,” The Journal of Cooperative Education, Fall, 1996.
- Wessels, Walter J., “The Effects of Cooperative Education on Job-Search Time, Quality of Job Placement and Advancement,” The Journal of Cooperative Education, co-authored with Gerald Pumphrey, pp. 42-62, Fall 1995.
- Wessels, Walter J., “Do Unionized Firms Hire Better Workers?” Economic Inquiry, 616-629, October 1994, (winner of the Western Economic Association Best Article of the Year Award).