Parallels Desktops for macOS
Parallels is among the easiest and most powerful solutions for running Windows on a Mac without rebooting. The academic version of Parallels Desktop for Mac is available for enrolled college/university students via the Parallels website. The Student Edition is a discounted 1-year subscription.
|To run most applications such as Microsoft Office, accounting, trading, SAP, Matlab and more.||For graphics-intensive applications, high loads and running multiple virtual machines.|
|Processor||Apple M1 chip, Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, Core i9, Intel Core M or Xeon Processor||Apple M1 chip, Core i5, Core i7, Core i9, or Xeon Processor|
|Memory||4 GB of RAM||16 GB of RAM or more|
|Storage||600 MB for Parallels Desktop application installation.|
Additional space for the guest operating system (at least 16 GB is required for Windows 10).
|Graphics||Apple M1 chip, Intel, AMD Radeon or NVIDIA||Apple M1 chip, AMD Radeon Pro graphics card|
|Operating System||macOS Big Sur 11.1 or newer|
macOS Catalina 10.15.7 or newer
macOS Mojave 10.14.6 or newer
macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 or newer
|macOS Big Sur 11.1 or newer
DirectX 11 requires at least macOS Mojave 10.14 but works best on macOS 10.15 Catalina or newer
How can I start with Parellels?
Make sure that the web page where you place your order corresponds to your location.
Select your country and language from the drop-down list in the upper right corner:
If a Student License is not available for your location at the Parallels Online Store, check availability with local resellers in your region.
- To buy Parallels Desktop for Mac Student Edition, scroll down the product page until you see Save with Student Edition. Click on the link.
- Confirm your eligibility by completing the form.*
Note: Only one copy of Parallels Desktop may be obtained after being verified. This limit was implemented to prevent unauthorized retrading.
*verification and eligibility services are provided by SheerID
Students can obtain a copy from the NC State Bookstore for $39.99.
How do you install Windows on Mac?
- Download the Parallels Desktop installer to your Mac.
- Double-click the.dmg installation file to mount it in Finder, then double-click Install.
- Read through the Software License Agreement and click Accept.
- Once prompted, enter your local Mac user password to finalize the installation.