Poole Leadership Program
Get the most out of your college experience while creating a digital portfolio of your co-curricular engagement at Poole.
Employers value more than GPAs. They hire undergraduates who can also discuss what they’ve done outside the classroom and how these experiences have helped develop key competencies.
With so many choices out there, it can be hard to figure out the best way to build key skills. The Poole Leadership Program is designed to help you structure, track and showcase extracurricular experiences in six important areas.
This is challenge by choice –– you choose how to engage. Track your progress in the Suitable app. Share what you want in your digital portfolio. You can even earn a Leadership Certificate. Sponsored by VF Corporation.
Introducing the Poole Leadership Program
Learn how the Poole Leadership Program works in action.
(formerly known as the Poole Leadership Challenge)
Leadership Program Badge Earners
All experiences are tied to the core competencies
Leadership and Civic Engagement
Global and Intercultural Engagement
Career and Professional Development
Personal Development and Wellbeing
Interpersonal and Team Dynamics
Ethical and Sustainable Business Practices
Why Should I Participate?
- Competency development is equally as important as a student’s GPA in the hiring process.
- Competencies are based on what employers are looking for when hiring.
- The app helps you present your co-curricular engagement to your employers in an easy way.
- The app helps you organize and plan high-impact experiences at Poole and NC State.
Engage in the activities you normally would and use the Poole Leadership Program app to track that engagement.
How Does it Work?
- Download Suitable on Apple or Android or use a desktop version at app.suitable.co. See registration details below.
- Choose activities across the six core competencies you’d like to engage in. Every activity you complete is instantly added to your scorecard which clearly shows how that activity has helped you progress in terms of competency development.
- Earn points and badges by participating in various activities at Poole and NC State listed in the app.
- Every activity you complete and every badge you earn is instantly added onto your Scorecard.
- Add your Scoreboard to your LinkedIn profile, resume and email signature.
Mobile Registration Details
Download Suitable App to Register
Mobile Registration Details
- Download the ‘Suitable’ app available on Apple iOS or Android platforms or use your browser to navigate to suitable.co to register.
- Login using your @ncsu.edu email address.
- You must use your @ncsu.edu email to login.
- You must give Suitable app access to your camera to scan event codes.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The Poole Leadership Program is sponsored by VF Corporation.