Fall 2021 Course and Curriculum Updates
Please read below for information about the Fall 2021 schedule, information about specific courses being offered, and important notes for scheduling. The most up-to-date information on enrolling in Poole courses can always be found at go.ncsu.edu/poole_courses. If you have questions that aren’t answered or need more information, contact your advisor or firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Curriculum/Scheduling Information
- IMPORTANT: If you are taking a course that is mentioned below as counting in an Accounting or Business concentration, but is not on the degree audit, it will be moved on your audit by the Poole Student Records office after census date.
- ACC 280 – Survey of Financial and Managerial Accounting is a hybrid accounting course for non-Poole majors who are interested in learning more about accounting, or who need one accounting course to complete their degree. This course will count towards the Business Administration and Business Entrepreneurship minors, but will not count towards any Poole major.
- ACC 459-001 – Analytics in Accounting & Finance is a capstone course appropriate for students with career interests in public accounting, operational accounting, financial analysis, financial planning, corporate finance, information systems, business and operations management and consulting. The goal of the course is to enhance the understanding and integration of analytics with financial statement preparation, management reporting and forecasting necessary to control and improve performance in an organization. This course has prerequisites of ACC 311 and BUS 351and will count as an accounting elective in all Accounting concentrations and/or towards the new accounting curriculum.
- Students in the Business Administration minor can take any section of the 300-level courses that count towards the minor – there are seats reserved for minors in each of the sections. If those seats are full, you’ll be added to the waitlist.
- BUS 440-002H, 458-001H, and 459-001H – Are restricted to only students in the Business Analytics Honors Program.
- BUS 495-001 – Marketing & Sales Practicum is a course focused on practicum projects for Marketing concentration students interested in sales. It will count as a Marketing concentration elective. You must have availability during their standard work day to have a weekly one hour meeting or call with the client and will also need to meet separately with your faculty advisor and team members on a weekly basis at a suitable time to all.
Management, Innovation, & Entrepreneurship Courses
- MIE 437 – Human Resources Analytics will explore the use of analytics for decision making concerning talent acquisition, talent management, employee relations, compensation, benefits, training, and development. This course will count as a concentration elective for the Human Resources concentration.
- MIE 495-001 Negotiation is a special topics course that is open to students in any Poole major and will benefit anyone who will be working with people as a part of their career or life (so really anyone). Students in the HR concentration can use this course as a concentration elective.
Other credit options – there are several other 1-3 credit Poole course options for students that will count as free electives that we encourage students to consider.
- M 120 – Professional Development and Career Planning (1 credit) is a great course for sophomores or juniors or new entrants to Poole who want to engage in career exploration and develop tools necessary to start their career. This course is restricted to only students currently in a Poole major.
- BUS 225 – Personal Finance is an essential course for any student who wants to learn about economic and financial strategies for post-college life. It will count as a free elective for any major.