Virtual internships are internships done remotely or online. As an intern working virtually, you’ll be placed with an international company, report to a supervisor abroad and work with colleagues via online platforms. With a virtual internship, you will work on projects and duties from your home while adding a global perspective to your professional work experience.
- Work Experience. Gain hands-on experience in a cost-effective and low-risk way that also fits into your semester schedule.
- Resume Booster. Virtual global internships provide a strong foundation for future internships, jobs and graduate school applications.
- Earn Credit. Depending on the provider, you can also earn transfer credit that you can use towards your degree.
- Remote Work is the Future. Remote working is becoming an increasingly relevant skill in the current workplace. Modern employers want to see that you can be successful in a remote work environment.
- Global Learning. Gain an appreciation and understanding of diverse work cultures and practices.
Locations vary by program. Each provider works with a specific portfolio of companies and organizations from around the world. Placement locations include: Colombia, Ecuador, Argentina, Spain, Italy, Ireland, Great Britain, Australia, South Africa and China. See our map below:
Each program has different start dates ranging from now until November 9th. Program lengths vary from 4 to 14 weeks with a range of 10 to 30 work hours per week depending on the program and/or placement.
To get started please complete this google form. Afterwards, Poole Global will follow-up with you within 1-2 business days with next steps. We also encourage you to schedule an appointment with us by visiting go.ncsu.edu/pooleglobalcontact to discuss the different internship programs and application processes.
Finding The Right Program For You
There are many virtual internship programs with varying fees, program lengths, placement fields, locations and benefits. To see a list of programs recommended by the University’s Study Abroad Office visit their website to learn more. Our office has specifically partnered with 3 providers which are a great fit for Poole students. You can choose to do a for-credit internship or a non-credit internship. Scroll below to find the perfect program for you and your goals.
Questions? – Email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit go.ncsu.edu/pooleglobalcontact to schedule an appointment.