280+ supply chain partners
In the last 20 years, our Supply Chain Resource Cooperative has created value for more than 280+ industry partners through 630+ student-led, field-based projects
#11 in Entrepreneurship
50% growth in sponsored research
21 Farming Operations Across 3 States
served by our Executive Farm Management Program, through which we partner across NC State University and with ECU College of Business, Clemson University Extension and UGA Extension
Top 20 Online MBA Program
—according to The Financial Times, U.S. News & World Report, and The Princeton Review
#47 Full-time MBA Program
12 MBA Teams
Twelve teams of MBA students from business schools across the United States, as well as Prague and Singapore, competed for cash prizes in the third annual NC State Grand Business Challenge, sponsored by Merck
Poole College Stats as of spring 2019
- ~100 full-time faculty members
- ~85 full-time staff
- 3,034 undergraduate students
- 872 graduate students
- 3 bachelor’s degrees: accounting, business administration and economics
- 4 master’s degrees: accounting, business administration, economics, management
- 1 doctoral degree: Ph.D. in Economics
- hundreds mutually beneficial relationships with corporate partners
- 15+ concentrations across academic programs, ranging from finance and supply chain management to entrepreneurship and marketing
- executive education through custom-designed solutions, workshops and open programs
- 6 centers and initiatives fostering research, learning and corporate engagement: Business Sustainability, Center for Innovation Management Studies, Enterprise Risk Initiative, Entrepreneurship Clinic, Entrepreneurship Collaborative, Supply Chain Resource Cooperative
- 5 language tracks and global partnerships offered through the International Business Dual Degree Program
The Poole College of Management at NC State University actively engages with industry and academia to create an innovative and collaborative intellectual environment that fosters learning, scholarship and service. We focus on developing and supporting leaders with an entrepreneurial mindset and analytical problem solving capabilities to positively impact our data-rich, dynamic, global economy.
The Poole College of Management will be recognized as a world-class, innovative college of management that advances business and society.
- Excellence in all endeavors
- Innovative programs and approaches
- Impact of our scholarship
- Success of our students and alumni
- A culture of diversity and inclusion
- Ethical awareness, decisions and behaviors
- Positive contribution to our global society
Goal #1: Enhance the success of our students through educational innovation.
The Poole College of Management will be recognized as producing graduates who possess creative thought, analytic skills and the ability to foster an environment of positive intercultural interaction in the context of today’s data-driven, global economy.
Goal #2: Enhance scholarship and research by investing in faculty and infrastructure.
The Poole College of Management will develop national and international reputations for scholarship that positively impact academia and industry.
Goal #3: Enhance interdisciplinary scholarship to address the grand challenges of society.
The Poole College of Management will partner with others to address complex issues through collaborative research and entrepreneurial engagement.
Goal #4: Enhance organizational excellence by creating a culture of constant improvement.
The Poole College of Management will responsibly develop and deploy resources to support the strategic priorities of the College.
Goal #5: Enhance local and global engagement through focused strategic partnerships.
The Poole College of Management will engage in partnerships that promote strategic innovation and provide impactful experiences to create value for all stakeholders.