Poole College Welcomes More Than 1,300 New Students
The NC State Poole College of Management welcomed 1,345 new students this fall, including 998 in our undergraduate program; 462 in our masters programs, and 15 in our doctoral program in economics. Following is a snapshot of our newly enrolled students, by academic program, as of August 17.
A total of 993 new undergraduate students enrolled in Poole College this fall. They were selected from among 4,490 applicants, including 3,632 students who applied as first-year freshmen. They entered with an average GPA of 4.47. Of those admitted and enrolled:
- 485 are first-year freshmen
- 187 transferred to Poole College from other universities or colleges
- 321 transferred to Poole College from other colleges at NC State University.
The transfer students came from 70 colleges and universities and 17 states, including California, Texas, Mississippi, Florida and New York.
- 52% of the transfer students are from North Carolina Community Colleges
- 20% are from other University of North Carolina system schools
- 24% are from academic institutions outside of North Carolina, and
- 4% are from other academic institutions in North Carolina.
Graduate Economics Programs
The NC State Graduate Economics Program, offered jointly by the Jenkins Graduate School at Poole College and the NC State College of Agriculture and Resource Economics, welcomed 16 new doctoral students this fall. Six are from the United States and 10 are international, from China, Korea and Saudi Arabia.
The program also welcomed 16 new master’s program students, eight from the U.S. and eight from China, India and Turkey.
Master of Accounting program
The one-year NC State Jenkins MAC program enrolled 114 students for the 2018-19 academic year. In addition to NC State, the new students came from seven UNC system universities and 17 other universities in the U.S., as well as two international universities: Beijing Normal University, Ukrainian National Aviation University. Nearly 80 percent of students received some form of merit-based financial assistance.
Following are additional details about the MAC Class of 2019.
- Average GPA 3.58
- Average GMAT 560
- Gender: Female 47%; Male 53 %
- Non-NC Stat undergraduates: 40%
- Underrepresented Minorities: 20%
- Majors: accounting, 83%; other majors, 17%
The incoming class of Jenkins MBA students have work experience in a wide range of industry sectors, including agriculture, biopharma, consulting, education, finance, government, manufacturing, military, religion, and technology. Learn more about them below.
Full time MBA
- Total enrolled: 49
- International: 27%
- U.S. Underrepresented Minority: 14%
- Average GMAT: 623
- Average GPA: 3.343
- Work Experience: 5.122 years
- Gender: Female, 39%; Male, 61%
Part time MBA
- Total enrolled: 47
- International: 28%
- U.S. Underrepresented Minority: 19%
- Average GMAT: 600
- Average GPA: 3.295
- Work Experience: 10.29 years
- Gender: Female, 28%; Male, 72%
- Total enrolled: 58
- U.S. Underrepresented Minority: 28%
- Average GMAT: 600
- Average GPA: 3.31
- Work Experience: 8.05 years
- Gender: Female, 48%; Male, 52%
Global Luxury Management Program
The Global Luxury Management Program – a one-year master of management program offered jointly by the Jenkins Graduate School at Poole College of Management and Skema Business School – welcomed 48 students. They came to Poole College from 28 different academic institutions across 10 other countries, with 24 undergraduate majors represented by this cohort.
- Total enrolled: 48
- International: 54%
- U.S. Underrepresented Minority: 33%
- Average Work Experience: 1.5 years
Note: The data in this story is accurate as of August 23. The data will be updated following completion of the university’s Census Day enrollment report.
Read about NC State’s new students, campus-wide:
NC State Is the School of Choice for North Carolina Students