Poole College’s 11th Annual Leadership and Innovation Showcase presents the collective work of nearly 200 students who applied their knowledge and skills in the past year, to help solve complex, challenging problems presented by nearly 30 companies. Their projects represent a cross-section of business and industry, including global technology, distribution and manufacturing corporations, restaurants and entertainment venues, and Poole college students’ startups. They also showcase student knowledge and skills in business analytics, finance, marketing, product innovation, supply chain and procurement, among other disciplines.
The Showcase will be held April 25, at the Reynolds Coliseum. This event is open to the public at no charge, but restration is requested. View registration and other details here. The schedule follows:
- 4:00-5:15 p.m.: Public viewing of poster displays and discussion with the teams
- 5:15-5:45 p.m.: Announcement of Showcase winning teams and Poole College Employer of the Year
- 5:45 p.m.: Reception in the Reynold’s Coliseum lobby
A total of 29 undergraduate and 21 graduate projects will be on display, with team members ready to discuss their work. Several of the Showcase entries previously competed in the recent Lulu eGames entrepreneurship competition. Student teams from Skema business school U.S. campus, located on NC State’s Centennial Campus, are also represented.
A sampling of NC State Jenkins MBA team projects
- Chirp: A device to make kitchens safer through smart monitoring, early detection, and alert intervention. It received first place in the Lulu eGame’s Design and Prototype division and the Fan Favorite Video Award.
- Green Bleach: A New Type of Disinfectant, a startup that placed third in the recent Lulu eGames’ New Venture division.
- Red Cross Travel Benchmarking, providing industry best practices.
- Biogen Total Cost to Serve: Providing a repeatable, iterative model for identifying and prioritizing cost to serve implementation for improvement of stakeholder account transparency, capacity utilization, and production scheduling.
- Inside Generation Z: An in-depth qualitative research project that provided VF with insight for reaching this target market.
A sampling of undergraduate projects
- Bell Tower Capital Management, an investment fund managed by undergraduate students on behalf of NC State.
- A supply management dashboard that displays key performance indicators in real time by integrating data from key tools, where the data already resides.
- An educational campaign to increase awareness of micro-loans available to NC State student entrepreneurs
- A tour management app for artists, allowing them to use the power of AI to promote future concerts through venue catalogs and social networks.
- A procurement process project leveraging emerging technologies like AI, Blockchain, Advanced Analytics and IoT, to understand how information flows from one stakeholder to another, identifying and addressing pain points and information gaps to allow efficient integration of IBM Watson (AI) in the whole process.
- A business analytics honors course project to develop a system that would identify and present suspicious transactions for further analysis by auditors
- Social media campaigns for Urban Ministries of Wake County, the Raleigh Chamber of Commerce events, and Haywood Hall, in downtown Raleigh.