Congratulations to our Deloitte SAP Case Competition Team!
Deloitte FanTAXtic Case Competition
Interested in getting hands-on experience to learn what it really means to be a tax professional? Do you want the opportunity to network with professionals, other students, and school faculty? Eager to add relevant experience to your resume?
Look no further! The Deloitte FanTAXtic case competition features a reality-based case, team presentations, opportunities for networking with tax professionals AND a chance to compete in a national event. It is open to sophomores, juniors and seniors.
The regional competition will be held virtually on Friday, October 29th. If you’re interested in joining a team (we hope to be able to field two teams!), please send Jennie Dirienzo (firstname.lastname@example.org) a copy of your most up-to-date resume by 9/16/2021 for consideration.
Teams will be determined on a first come first served basis after consideration of team composition requirements. If you are selected to be a part of a team, you will receive more details regarding registration, the case, and other logistics! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out directly to Jennie. I look forward to hearing from you!
SAP/Deloitte Co-Innovation Event Case Competition
Invited students will participate in team-based exercises leveraging their SAP knowledge, gaining valuable first-hand experience while working on real-world business challenges. You’ll meet a diverse group of talented students, add SAP and Deloitte practitioners to your professional network, and experience a range of professional coaching to help prepare you for a potential career in consulting. Using out-of-the-box thinking and leveraging the SAP platform to build an innovative go-to-market solution, students will address a business problem and then present their solution to a leadership panel. The competition takes place at Deloitte University in August during a weekend.
Do I qualify?
Evaluation Criteria includes:
- GPA: 3.5 and above
- Graduation Date: within the next year
- Undergraduate major or coursework in Accounting, Information Systems, Finance, Supply Chain, Engineering, or other related majors.
- Basic understanding of SAP (obtained through ACC340 and ACC440)
- Demonstration of strong communication and writing skills
- Understanding of system development life cycles (SDLC) and various project phases (business requirements gathering, documentation of business processes, testing, and deployment)
- Understanding of how SAP technologies support business functions
- Understanding of business processes and data analytics
- Enrollment in a full time program during the Competition period
- Legal resident status (legal residents include US citizens, students with visas, etc)
- Age 18 or older
How to Apply
An announcement will be made in spring semester to send your resume to Dr. Bradford, who teaches ACC440, ERP systems, for her to forward onto Deloitte.
What is in it for you?
- Using out-of-the-box thinking and leveraging the SAP platform to build an innovative go-to-market solution, students will address a business problem and then present their solution to a leadership panel.
- Members of the first place team will receive a $500 gift card, second place team members will each receive a $250 gift card, and third place team members will each win a $100 gift card. All applicants will receive the Official Rules once their submission is received.
Our Recent Successes
- 2019 Deloitte’s SAP Co-Innovation – Third place
- 2019 IMA Case Competition – Elite Eight
- 2019 PwC
- 2019 Deloitte FanTAXtic Competition
- 2019 Government Finance Case Challenge
View the Case Competition Video.