2023 Accounting Networking Night & Summer Conference Fair
Tuesday, January 31, 2023 – 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Hosted by Poole College’s Accounting Department and the Jenkins MAC Program, the Accounting Networking Night and Summer Conference Fair is an opportunity where employers will share information about the accounting profession, employment opportunities within their
organization, and offer details about their summer leadership conferences. You can drop in
anytime but we encourage you to arrive as early as possible in order to speak with all the
employers. Accounting students in the MAC Program, AIR Program, sophomores and juniors with
a 3.0 GPA or higher are invited to attend.
Qualifying to Sit for the CPA Exam as a North Carolina Candidate
New CPA Exam
The exam is undergoing major changes that will be effective in January 2024. Click here to learn more:
The North Carolina State Board of CPA Examiners recently created the video, “Qualifying to Sit for the Uniform CPA Exam as a North Carolina Candidate.” The video discusses the general requirements (age, residency, education, and moral character) for sitting for the Exam as a North Carolina candidate. Access the video.
AICPA Scholarship Opportunities
AICPA Legacy Scholarships
If you want to pursue a career in accounting, then don’t miss out on this opportunity to fund your CPA journey. Apply today for the AICPA Legacy Scholarships for up to $10,000* in funds toward your education.
All it takes is one application for all five scholarships.
· American Woman’s Society of Certified Public Accountants (AWSCPA) Scholarship
· AICPA Scholarship for Minority Accounting Students
· AICPA Foundation Two-year Transfer Scholarship
· AICPA Foundation Scholarship for Future CPAs
· AICPA John L. Carey Scholarship
Apply online here by March 15, 2023.
*Scholarship eligibility requirements and amounts vary depending on the award. Visit ThisWayToCPA.com/scholarships for further details on individual award requirements.
NCACPA Scholarship Opportunities
Deloitte National Leadership Conference
DNLC requires a Summer/ Winter 2024 internship application to be considered.
Please complete an application by February 13th.
See Flyer for more information.
Learn more about Case Competitions.
Internships / Co-ops
PwC Destination CPA
PwC is excited to announce a brand new, 3-day in-person immersive experience for accounting students that will highlight the accounting profession: PwC’s Destination CPA Program! This program will help students build lasting relationships, explore the firm, understand the versatility of a CPA license/profession and discover how it can impact their career – at PwC and beyond.
- Preferred major: Accounting
- Preferred cumulative GPA: 3.0
- Preferred major GPA: 3.0
- College class status: We are seeking sophomores in a four-year degree program or juniors in a five-year degree program.
- CPA eligibility: Job seekers must have a plan to complete all educational requirements to satisfy the 150 credit hour requirement necessary for the CPA license by August 2025.
- Refer to job posting details for all eligibility information specific to 2024 Winter or Summer Internship in Audit or Tax or Digital Assurance & Transparency (DAT) .
PCOM McKimmon Center Career and Internship Fair
On Friday, Feb. 3, recruiters from over 100 companies across industries including banking, finance, IT, human resources and professional services will be in the McKimmon Center to meet Poole students and talk about summer internships and career roles.
Deloitte Summer / Winter Internships
- Deloitte Summer and Winter 2024 Internships are now open.
- To be invited to the National Leadership Conference – you must apply for a summer / winter 2024 internship
- Application deadline is midnight on February 13th
- See Flyer for more information.
FORVIS – Tax Internships Spring / Summer 2024
Every year USA Baseball based (Cary, NC) offers around 25 different internship opportunities and hires about 50 interns in total under a wide variety of departments (Operations, Media Relations, Creative Services, Technology/Data Analysis, Accounting, Retail, Youth Programs, Travel Services, etc.).
Academic Support Program for Student-Athletes (ASPSA) Tutors for Spring 2023
ASPSA is currently specifically in need tutors in accounting, economics, and other business courses.
Job descriptions and links to apply can be found here.
Qualifications for all positions:
- Must have at least a 3.25 cumulative grade point average,
- Demonstrate proficiency in coursework and/or have received a B+ or higher in the courses selected to tutor.
- Must abide by North Carolina State University, NCAA and ASPSA rules and regulations.
- Must be able to teach academic success strategies to a diverse student population in a one-on-one or small group setting. Must have the ability to effectively communicate verbally and have skills to develop written reports.
- Must be attentive to detail and accurate in record keeping.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
- Preference can be given to individuals who have tutoring experience or other educational qualifications.
- Preference is given to individuals who are a sophomore or higher standing.
If you have any questions feel free to reach out to Maggie Cherveny (firstname.lastname@example.org), Tutorial Coordinator for ASPSA.
International Focus – Bookkeeper Administrative Support
International Focus is a nonpartisan non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization based in Raleigh, North Carolina with a mission to promote mutual understanding between the people of the Triangle Region and the international community through education, cultural exchange, and the arts.
International Focus’s staff works in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Team members are professional problem-solvers who work well both independently and on a team. They are resourceful, flexible, committed, communicative, and interested in meeting and working with diverse demographics. The Bookkeeper Administrative Support is a key position as He/She is responsible for all accounting operations using QuickBooks online and financial reporting. The bookkeeper will work closely with the Executive Director, Director of Special Programs, Program/ Events Coordinators, Treasurer, and/or Auditor to prepare financial reports, grant management reporting and budgeting, and audit preparation documents. This position requires proficient knowledge of QuickBooks and relevant experience in budgeting.
This position is located in Raleigh, it is part-time 16 to 20 hours a week.
$24/ hour. International Focus provides PTO
International Focus, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the workplace.
For detailed information and to apply for this position Click Here
Part-time Online Accounting Tutor Positions
Who Are We: We provide one on one local private tutoring both online and in person to students in the GRE
How To Apply: https://frogtutoring.com/jobs/Raleigh
Why Tutor With FrogTutoring – Raleigh?
- Compensation starts from $30.00 or $35.5 per session
- Make your work schedule
- Get compensated for driving over certain mileage
- Tutor both online and in person
- Get periodic bonuses based on performance
- Tutor of the month recognition
- Generous referral bonuses
- Be an academic coach and a mentor to local students
Eva Garland Consulting (EGC): Staff Accountant
Interested candidates can apply at : http://www.evagarland.com/dev-application/
North Carolina Department of Revenue
The North Carolina Department of Revenue is recruiting accounting majors to fill Revenue Officer, Tax Auditor and Field Auditor positions throughout North Carolina. Students can apply at the links below. If you have questions reach out to Beth Collins at the DOR at email@example.com or by phone at 919-896-4596.
The links to apply for each of these jobs are below: