Faculty and Staff
Poole College Recognizes Faculty and Staff Accomplishments from July
The monthly accomplishments series celebrates the achievements of our faculty and staff in and outside of the Poole College of Management.
- Scott Showalter, professor of practice in accounting, received the annual American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) Distinguished Achievement in Accounting Education Award. This award recognizes full-time college accounting educators who are distinguished for excellence in teaching and have achieved national prominence in the accounting profession.
- Rob Sanduck, director of global programs, presented at the NAFSA: Association of International Educators conference with colleagues from Universidad de San Andrés, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and WU Vienna College of Economics and Management, Vienna, Austria. The session was titled “Building Resilient Partnerships to Develop Innovative COILs” and was ranked as one of the top five sessions to attend.
- On July 9, Paul Williams, professor of accounting, made a presentation titled “Accounting Research: Search for Knowledge or Just Keeping Score?” as part of a panel discussion themed as “Turning the Lens Around: Ethics in Academia” at the Society for the Advancement of Socio-economics Conference in Amsterdam.
- Jessica Yinka Thomas, director of the Business Sustainability Collaborative, presented at the Jenkins MAC Lifelong Learning summer session titled “ESG, Sustainability Reporting and the Future of Business” on July 22.
- Roby Sawyers, professor of accounting, was appointed as a member of the NC CPA Foundation Board of Directors.
- Mark Beasley, professor of accounting, and the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Initiative released the 2022 State of Risk Oversight Report which highlights the state of risk governance practices in organizations.
- Melusian Wright, assistant director of advising programs, was asked to join the leadership team for the NC State National Coalition Building Institute Team. This is an international organization that strives to build Leadership for Diversity Resource Teams and offers diversity and inclusion training for K-12 schools, colleges, community and government organizations as well as law enforcement.
- Nathan Goldman, assistant professor of accounting, was awarded an Outstanding Reviewer Award from the American Accounting Association Financial Accounting and Reporting Section for his review work for their annual meeting.