Jessica Yinka Thomas
Jessica Yinka Thomas has over fifteen years of experience working domestically and internationally in sustainable enterprise, social innovation and business development. She currently serves as Director of the Business Sustainability Collaborative at the Poole College of Management at North Carolina State University.
Jessica previously was managing director of the Center for Sustainable Enterprise at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill’s Kenan-Flagler Business School and program director of that center’s Business Accelerator for Sustainable Entrepreneurship.
She also has held leadership roles at Duke University’s Competition for Underserved and Resource-poor Economies (CUREs); CFED, an economic development corporation in Durham, N.C.; and new product development roles in educational toy and communications industries.
Before focusing on academic sustainability programs, she held positions in engineering and new product development.
MBA Duke University Fuqua School of Business 2004
B.S. Engineering Stanford 1995
Area(s) of Expertise
Social Innovation, Sustainable Business, Sustainability, B Corps/B Corporations
- Initiatives: Business Sustainability Collaborative (BSC)
- People: Faculty
- Department of Management, Innovation and Entrepreneurship (MIE): Other Areas in Management
- Jessica Yinka Thomas Introduces Incoming NC State Students to Business Sustainability (June 24, 2021)
- How B Corps Offer Real-World Lessons for Future Business Leaders (Feb. 17, 2021)
- Jessica Thomas Teaches Stakeholder Capitalism Through B Corp Clinic (Feb. 12, 2021)
- In an Economy Ravaged By COVID-19, B Corps Open a Door for Change (June 1, 2020)
- Why Do B Corps Matter? (Dec. 3, 2019)
- Mark Beasley, Jessica Thomas Recognized for Outstanding Outreach and Engagement (April 19, 2019)
- BSC Director Jessica Thomas honored for teaching business as a force for good (Nov. 10, 2016)