Fall 2018 Logistics
Congratulations to all our graduates! We look forward to celebrating your academic achievement with you:
Information for Jenkins Graduate Programs Students
Jenkins Graduate Programs students are invited to participate in the NC State University Commencement Ceremony and in the Poole College of Management Commencement Ceremony on Wednesday, Dec. 19 at the PNC Arena. Tickets are not required –– see more information below. Reception for Poole graduate students to follow –– watch out for an email invitation in your inbox.
Information for Poole College Undergraduate Students
Undergraduate student in Poole College are invited to participate in the NC State University and Poole College of Management Commencement Ceremonies, both held December 19 at the PNC Arena. See details below.
Save the dates for Commencement 2019:
- Poole College Hooding Ceremony for Jenkins Graduate Programs students only: Thursday, May 9, Meymandi Hall
- Poole College Commencement open to all undergraduate and graduate students: Saturday, May 11, PNC Arena
- NC State University Commencement open to all undergraduate and graduate students: Saturday, May 11, PNC Arena
Poole College Commencement Ceremony
Wednesday, December 19, 2018 from 11:30-1:30 p.m. | PNC Arena
Tickets: No tickets needed | Parking: Free at PNC
During the Poole College ceremony, the names of all Poole College of Management graduates will be announced as the student crosses the stage and is congratulated by the dean.
- For graduates attending the University Ceremony prior to the Poole College ceremony: As soon as the university’s ceremony is over, graduates should go to the North Service Area of the PNC Arena to line up for the Poole College of Management ceremony. From the arena floor, go through the Section 107 exit and turn right to the North Service Area. Line up in numerical order behind the banner with the name of your academic Program. A link to additional instructions and procedures for the University ceremony will be posted soon.
- For graduates not attending the University’s ceremony before the Poole College’s ceremony: To reach the commencement staging area, please enter the PNC Arena from the North Service Area parking lot. Line up in numerical order behind the banner with the name of your academic Program. It is important that you arrive at the PNC Arena prior to the University ceremony ending. Once the University ceremony ends, all traffic lanes will change to outbound, and it will be difficult to get into the parking area.
Parking and Seating Information for Guests
- Parking: You may park anywhere in the PNC Arena parking lot. Please enter the PNC Arena from the East, West or South doors. Parking attendants will be present to help navigate the lots. Handicap parking is available at the PNC Arena and an elevator is located inside the South (ticket box) entrance. (PNC Center Directions)
- Seating: Parents/guests: Please do not come with your student to the North Service Area. All guests will sit in the seats/bleachers during both the University and Poole College ceremonies. Seating on the arena floor is reserved for graduates.
As each graduate is handed his or her diploma cover, a photo will be taken by a professional photographer. A free color proof will be mailed to the graduate’s permanent address, with an opportunity to purchase. There is no obligation to purchase prints. To receive an email notification the moment your photos are available online, please visit Photo Specialties to pre-register. If you do not receive a proof within a week of the ceremony, please contact Photo Specialties by email or call 1.800.722.7033 or 1.919.9