Poole College of Management Faculty and Staff April Accomplishments
The monthly accomplishments series celebrates the achievements of our faculty and staff in and outside of the Poole College of Management. As the spring 2021 semester winds down, the Poole College of Management has pushed forward to end the academic year on a high note.
- Ellen Frost, associate director of global programs, was elected as chair-elect of the North Carolina Association of International Educators which is a three-year commitment. In addition, she presented a pre-conference workshop at the NCAIE Annual Virtual Conference on April 8 titled “Getting Creative with Virtual Student Engagement from Outreach to Implementation.”
- Rob Sandruck, director of global programs, was elected as the chair of the Undergraduate Program Directors Committee for the International Partnership of Business Schools (IPBS), the organization Poole College operates the International Business Dual Degree program with. The position is a two-year term and starts July 1.
- Financial Review awarded Mark Walker, professor of finance, with the 2020 Outstanding Reviewer Award.
- Sarah Khan, teaching associate professor of information technology and business analytics, will be presenting at The Teaching Professor Conference this year. The presentation is titled “Blended Learning Design with Agile Time Boxes: An Agile Learning Environment,” and is a collaborative work with the NC State DELTA team.
- Tim Kraft, assistant professor of operations and supply chain management, was named a senior editor at Production and Operations Management Journal.
- Bill Rand, associate professor of marketing, presented a keynote address at the Northeast Regional Conference on Complex Systems on April 2.
- Steve Barr, professor of technology management, had a successful month receiving the Poole College of Management Outstanding Teacher Award, the NC State Outstanding Teacher Award, the Alumni Association Outstanding Teacher Award, and the Alumni Association Distinguished Graduate Professorship Award.
- Fay Cobb Payton, professor of information technology and business analytics, served as a panelist at the Aspen Institute and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill on data transparency and health analytics. She also served as a judging panelist for Forbes Magazine’s AI List and was the keynote speaker at Penn State University Institute for Computational and Data Science on AI Bia. In April Payton joined the Association of Computing Machinery Education Advisory Board as the chair of the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee and the Council of Fellows Board for American Council on Education.
- Both Ayo Agunbiade, senior academic advisor, and Jordan McMican, senior academic advisor, completed training to become Gallup Strengths Coaches in April.
- Patrick Flynn, assistant professor of human resource management, spoke as a panelist at the SIOP Annual Conference. The panel was called “Tackling Big Issues in Understanding Adaptation: A Discussion Across Research Domains”.
- Emily Gower, admissions specialist, was recently admitted to the NC State Master of Management in Marketing Analytics Program at Poole College and will begin in fall 2021.
- Joseph Brazel, professor of accounting, was a 2021 recipient of the Access to Audit Personnel Grant announced April 23.