Tim Kraft’s research examines environmental and social responsibility issues in supply chains. Research topics he has studied include investigating how supply chain transparency can influence consumers’ and companies’ decisions in social responsibility contexts, examining collaborative methods to motivate suppliers to improve their sustainability practices, and studying companies’ and non-governmental organizations’ decisions regarding environmental investment decisions.
Tim’s research has appeared in leading operations management journals such as Manufacturing and Service Operations Management and Production and Operations Management. In 2020, he was named co-winner of the POMS Paul Kleindorfer Award in Sustainability. For his teaching and case writing, Tim was named the 2018 Outstanding Faculty Member at the University of Virginia (Darden) and is a two-time winner of the INFORMS Case Competition.
Tim previously taught at the University of Virginia Darden School of Business and was a visiting faculty at the MIT Sloan School of Management. He received his doctorate degree from Stanford University.
Ph.D. Management Science and Engineering Stanford University 2011
MBA/Master of Science Business Management & Mechanical Engineering The University of Texas at Austin 2005
Bachelor of Science Industrial Engineering Georgia Institute of Technology 1999
Area(s) of Expertise
Supply Chain, Sustainability, Social Responsibility
- Tim Kraft Expects Disruptions as Supply Chain Workers Push Back (September 22, 2022)
- Tim Kraft Discusses the Impact of Rising Diesel Prices (May 9, 2022)
- Tim Kraft Predicts Long-Term Impacts on Ukraine’s Harvest Seasons (March 10, 2022)
- Tim Kraft Makes the Connection Between the Worker Shortage and Recent Winterstrom Pileup (Jan. 7, 2022)
- Tim Kraft Explains the Challenges of the Shipping Pallet Shortage (June 2, 2021)
- Tim Kraft Explains the Surge in Lumber Prices (May 6, 2021)
- Tim Kraft on the Consumer Benefits to Supply Chain Transparency (Feb. 15, 2021)
- COVID-19 and Triple-A Supply Chains – Lessons Learned (April 2, 2020)
- Tim Kraft joins Poole Supply Chain Faculty and SCRC Team (August 15, 2019)
- Poole's Newest Faculty