Spring Poole College of Management Commencement
- During the college’s ceremony, all undergraduate degree recipients will walk across the stage while their name is being announced.
- Undergraduate and graduate degree recipients will be printed in the commencement program.
- We anticipate that the ceremony will last about 1.5 hours. Out of respect for your fellow graduates, and to allow all graduates and their families to enjoy the ceremony uninterrupted, we ask and expect that you remain for the entirety of the ceremony.
- Graduating students can purchase academic regalia (cap/gown/stole) before graduation at the NC State bookstores.
- As each graduate walks across the stage, a photo will be taken by a professional photographer. Families and guests will not be allowed onto the main floor for photos during the ceremony.
- Safety protocol: Masks are not required for participants and guests.
Instructions for Graduating Students
For graduates attending the University Ceremony prior to the Poole College ceremony
Participating students should arrive by 8:30 a.m.
As soon as the university’s ceremony is over, graduates should go to the North Service Area of the PNC Arena to line up for the Poole College of Management ceremony. From the arena floor, go through the Section 107 exit and turn right to the North Service Area.
For graduates NOT attending the University’s ceremony before the Poole College’s Ceremony
Participating students should arrive by 10:45 a.m.
The Poole ceremony begins promptly at 11:30 a.m. Graduating students should park and enter at the North Service entrance. It is important that you arrive at the PNC Arena prior to the University ceremony ends. Once the University ceremony ends (approximately 11:00 a.m.), all traffic lanes will change to outbound, and it will be difficult to get into the parking area.
Graduating students need to keep any personal belongings (umbrellas, bags, etc.) with them for the duration of the ceremony. Students are encouraged to bring as little as possible with them into the arena. Students will return to their original seat after they walk across the stage.
Seating Information for Parents and Guests
Please do not come with your student to the North Service Area.
All guests will sit in the seats/bleachers during both the University and Poole College ceremonies. Seating on the arena floor is reserved for graduates.
You may park anywhere in the PNC Arena parking lot. Please enter the PNC Arena from the East, West or South doors. Parking attendants will be present to help navigate the lots. Handicap parking is available at the PNC Arena and an elevator is located inside the South (ticket box) entrance.
PNC Clear Bag Policy
A reminder that PNC has a clear bag policy for guests, however graduation participants (students, faculty, staff, etc.) entering through the North Service Entrance will not have to follow the policy. Bags are subject to a visual search if event attendees and staff volunteers do not bring a clear bag.
Students are encouraged to bring as little as possible into the arena with them.
As each graduate crosses the stage, images will be taken by a professional photographer. Each student will receive an email from the photographer with a link to the photographer’s website and instructions to view their graduation photographs. Additionally, a free color proof will be mailed to the permanent address on record and students have the opportunity to purchase color prints and/or products.