Faculty and Staff
Poole College Recognizes the Accomplishments of Faculty and Staff During November
The monthly accomplishments series celebrates the achievements of our faculty and staff in and outside of the Poole College of Management.
- Rob Handfield, professor of operations and supply chain management, led the discussion at an IBM Business of Government Workshop, entitled “Leveraging Shared Services and Supply Chain Management to Achieve Mission Objectives” on Nov. 19. From Nov. 17 to 20, Handfield presented at the Decision Science Annual Conference on The National Stockpile Acquisition Strategy panel as well as the Creating an Ethical Apparel Index panel with Tim Kraft, associate professor of operations and supply chain management.
- Jeffrey Stonebraker, associate professor of operations and supply chain management, presented at the European Haemophilia Consortium Workshop in New Technologies in a discussion titled “Converting EHL to SHL: review of clinical and RWE data”. Stonebraker also presented “Annual Global Survey: Capturing new products” at the World Federation of Hemophilia Twelfth Global Forum on Research and Treatment Products for Bleed Disorders.
- From Nov. 18 to 19, Scott Showalter, professor of practice in accounting, made a virtual presentation titled “Standard Setting, Education and Research” at the 2021 Taiwan Accounting Association & International Association for Accounting Education and Research Joint Conference.
- Ira Weiss, professor of strategic management, was asked to assist in establishing as well as chair the International Advisory Board of Rabat Business School in Morocco.
- On Nov. 5, Heidi Echols, instructional designer, led a session on “Increasing Student Engagement in Online and Hybrid Courses” at the NC Association of Certified Public Accountants (NCACPA) Accounting Educator Hot Topics.