Faculty and Staff
Poole College Recognizes Faculty and Staff Accomplishments from February
The monthly accomplishments series celebrates the achievements of our faculty and staff in and outside of the Poole College of Management.
- Haroon Abbu, lecturer in business management, along with Gerhard Gudergan of RWTH University in Germany and Paul Mugge, emeritus professor, delivered the keynote address on digital leadership at the Conference on Production Systems and Logistics (CPSL) on Feb. 28 in Santiago Mexico.
- Haley Huie, director of the Entrepreneurship Clinic, was appointed to the Partnerships Board for District C. It is a local nonprofit that provides tailored team experiences to interdisciplinary teams of high schoolers that allows them to solve problems for real companies.
- Nathan Goldman, associate professor of accounting, was named a 2022-23 University Faculty Scholar on Feb. 17. Early-and mid-career faculty receive this designation in recognition of their outstanding academic achievements and contributions to NC State.
- Jessica Yinka Thomas, director of the Business Sustainability Collaborative (BSC), has been selected as the new executive director of B Academics, a global network of over 2,000 educators, researchers and practitioners studying B Corps and business as a force for good. Thomas and the BSC also hosted the 9th annual FoodCon in Talley Student Union on Feb. 16.
- Roby Sawyers, professor of accounting, presented at the American Taxation Association (ATA) mid-year meeting JLTR conference on Feb. 24. The presentation is named “The Challenge of Challenging Tax Laws as Unconstitutionally Vague,” by Sawyers and James Plecnik from Loyola Marymount.
- Fangfei Guo, assistant professor of marketing analytics, presented at the 2023 Winter American Marketing Association (AMA) conference with research titled, “The Effect of Following ‘Super-Star’ vs. ‘Like-Me’? Heterogeneous Peer Effects on User Engagement on Digital Platform”.