Fall Undergraduate Commencement
Friday, Dec. 15 at 7:30 p.m. | Reynolds Coliseum
Livestreamed on Facebook and YouTube
No tickets required
- Register here to participate in the Fall 2023 Poole College Ceremony at Reynolds Coliseum.
- Apply here to be a student commencement speaker.
- During the college’s ceremony, all undergraduate degree recipients will walk across the stage while their name is being announced.
- Undergraduate degree recipients will be printed in the commencement program.
- We anticipate that the ceremony will last about 1.5 hours. Out of respect for your fellow graduates, and to allow all graduates and their families to enjoy the ceremony uninterrupted, we ask and expect that you remain for the entirety of the ceremony.
- Graduating students can purchase academic regalia (cap/gown/stole) before graduation at the NC State bookstores.
- As each graduate walks across the stage, a photo will be taken by a professional photographer. Families and guests will not be allowed onto the main floor for photos during the ceremony.
- Safety protocol: Masks are not required for participants and guests.
Instructions for Graduating Students
Graduating students need to keep any personal belongings (umbrellas, bags, etc.) with them for the duration of the ceremony. Students are encouraged to bring as little as possible with them into the arena. Students will return to their original seat after they walk across the stage.
Directions to William Neal Reynolds Coliseum
- Take I-40 east to exit 295 (Gorman St.). Exit right and turn left at stoplight.Go to Avent Ferry Rd. and turn right.
- The third traffic light is at the intersection of Western Blvd. Go straight through that light (street will become Morrill Dr.) into NC State campus.
- Continue down Morrill Dr. until you get to a three-way stoplight. Turn right onto Cates Ave. Reynolds Coliseum is on the left.
Venue and Seating Information for Parents and Guests
- Guest Seating. Guests will enter the coliseum through the North entrance. All guests will be ushered to the second floor for seating. Guest seating is on a first-come, first-served basis. Doors open at 6:30, and the ceremony begins at 7:30.
- ADA Seating. Wheelchair and accessible seating is available on the concourse at the top of section E on the south end of Reynolds Coliseum. event staff will be available to direct guests to these locations.
- Bag Policy. All bags are subjected to search upon entry. Bags should be no larger than 12”x6”x12”. An exception will be made for medically necessary items and diaper bags when accompanied by infants.
- Lactation Room. There is a lactation room located in the northwest corner of the facility, near the Navy ROTC offices, room number 191.
- Service Animals. Service animals are allowed inside Reynolds Coliseum, but there are requirements to fulfill in order to bring them. Please read the Reynolds Coliseum service animal policy.
- Helium balloons, wrapped presents and outside food/drink are NOT allowed in Reynolds Coliseum.
- General. There is ample parking available for all students and guests in the Coliseum Parking Deck. Parking is free and no permit is required during commencement.
- ADA Parking. Handicap parking is located in the first Jeter Bay (parking lots beside Reynolds Coliseum). To qualify for handicap parking, you must display a valid state handicap parking permit. Handicap parking is on a first-come, first-served basis.
As each graduate crosses the stage, images will be taken by a professional photographer. Each student will receive an email from the photographer with a link to the photographer’s website and instructions to view their graduation photographs. Additionally, a free color proof will be mailed to the permanent address on record and students have the opportunity to purchase color prints and/or products.