- This event has passed.
2018 Italian Technology and Foreign Direct Investment Round Table
September 18, 2018 | 4:30 pm - 7:15 pm
Park Alumni Center
The NC State Poole College of Management has partnered with Casa della Cultura Italiana (CCI-NC), a nonprofit organization with the mission to promote Italian business, technology, language and culture in North Carolina, to host 2018 Italian Technology and Foreign Direct Investment Round Table.
Dedicated to expanding its global engagement, Poole College invites students, faculty, staff, alumni and friends to join a discussion around Italian-based technology in North Carolina to explore opportunities for global business career and global partnerships and to network with the Italian business community.
The event is organized by Dr. Carpano, Honorary Consul of Italy to North Carolina, and Casa della Cultura Italiana.
Free and open to public, registration is required.
- 4:30 p.m.: Registration begins
- 4:45-5:45 p.m.: Free reception
- 5:45-7:15 pm: Roundtable discussion
Hon. Forlano, Consul General of Italy in Philadelphia, will join Dr. Carpano, Honorary Consul of Italy to North Carolina, to speak more broadly about Italian technology and Italian foreign direct investment and what that means for the state of North Carolina. Dr. Cecchi will moderate.
The discussion will cover:
- Italian production in the U.S. and the complexity of its technological machinery
- The impact of Italian medical devices on the way blood is collected across the U.S.
- Italian engineering solutions for the construction industry
- Honorable Pier Forlano, Consul General of Italy in Philadelphia
- Dr. Claudio Carpano, Honorary Consul of Italy to North Carolina, Associate Professor Emeritus at Belk College of Business at UNC Charlotte, and CEO & Founder of Management inSites
- Mr. Gianni Orsini, VP of Operations at Kayser-Roth
- Ms. Barbara Sala, General Manager of Delcon
- Mr. Roberto Rossi, CEO of Aleandri and Chairman of the Board for Aleandri Group
- Dr. Valentina Cecchi, Associate Professor, Dept. of Electrical & Computer Engineering, UNC Charlotte
Poole College Global Initiatives
Poole College has strong global academic partnerships, including the International Business Dual Degree Program (IBDD) for undergraduate students. The program includes an Italian track and incorporates two years of study at NC State, two years of study at an international partner institution, two internships and two degrees from two institutions.
Registration, Parking and Driving Directions
- NC State’s Dorothy and Roy Park Alumni Center is located on Centennial Campus, 2450 Alumni Dr, Raleigh, NC 27606
- Parking is free