Poole College of Management Calendar
Fifth Annual Professional Development Expo
- This event has passed.
Location: Talley Student Union
Poole College’s Fifth Annual Professional Development Expo officially kicks off the recruiting season for undergraduate students at the Poole College of Management.
The Expo is open to all undergraduate students – first year to senior year – at no charge. Registration via ePACK, NC State’s internship and job system for students, is required.
What takes place at the Expo?
- Students select from a schedule of 50-minute career and professional development sessions led by employer representatives and special invited speakers. That up to four info-packed mini-sessions to help you prepare to meet recruiters and launch your career.
- The event wraps up with a large student/employer networking event.
The following is a list of sessions offered at last year’s event:
- Leadership and personality type
- Your personal brand, social media, image, and reputation management
- Networking 101: The art of small talk, building professional relationships
- Dressing the part: Understanding the dress code in interviews and work
- Your new job: succeeding the first year and meeting expectations
- Social media and your career: Using technology to get ahead
- How to be competitive for internships: Transferable skills and professional development for underclassmen
- Professional communication
- Navigating the mentoring relationship
- Beyond the basics: Resumes that get noticed
- Case interviewing 101