Poole College of Management Calendar
NC State Day of Giving: Poole College
- This event has passed.
All day: Nelson Hall and Online at dayofgiving.ncsu.edu and Social Media @NCStatePooleMgt
- 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Port City Java: Poole Student Philanthropy Council informational table
- 8-9 a.m., Port City Java: Coffee and Donuts with Dean Buckless and Mr. Wuf
- 11:15 a.m., Port City Java: Guasaca student lunch and Day of Giving updates
Make your gift on March 27
For 24 hours, we’ll have special challenges, college-on-college competitions and surprise guests — all in the name of supporting the university and the college. It will be a fun, energizing way to come together and maximize our collective impact.
Let’s win the challenges to generate scholarship opportunities for Poole students, create innovative and inclusive student experiences, recruit and retain world-class faculty, support impactful faculty research and continue to strengthen Poole College’s technology and facilities.
Poole College’s Morning Sprint to Win #GivingPack Challenge: Nelson Hall Port City Java, 8-9 a.m.
Join Dean Buckless and Mr. Wuf for coffee and donuts to raise some dough in Port City Java, 8-9 a.m.
If we have the most posts on Twitter using #GivingPack and @NCStatePooleMgt between 8 and 9 a.m, we will receive $2,500 from the Chancellor!
In addition, if 150 gifts are recorded in support of Poole College by 10 a.m., Lori ‘84 and Mike ‘84 Constantino will contribute $25,000!
Poole College Alumni “Pack Your Lunch” Challenge to Win Most Alumni Gifts Challenge: Noon-1 p.m.
If alumni make 100 gifts in support of Poole College between 12:00 and 1:00 p.m., Ginger and John ’93 Williams will give $25,000 to the college!
If we receive the most gifts from alumni out of all colleges, programs or units between 12 and 1 p.m., Poole College will receive an additional $3,000 from the Chancellor!
Poole Professors Challenge Poole Students: All Day
Why Should I Give to Poole?
To Generate Scholarship Opportunities for Poole Undergraduate and Graduate Students
- Over 870 scholarships have been awarded to Poole students since early 2016.
- 75 percent of Master of Accounting students receive some amount of merit-based financial aid.
- Zack Liptok, a Poole College junior majoring in business administration with six years of military experience behind him, plans to open his own business following graduation, thanks to the Cecil C. Bozarth III Scholarship awarded to him earlier this academic year.
To Create Innovative and Inclusive Student Experiences that Will Prepare Poole Students for Meaningful Careers
- The Poole College Diversity and Inclusion team 19 successful initiatives in the 2017-18 academic year, including Inclusive Leader career events, heritage month celebrations and our inaugural Poole Pride Conference.
- Our Jenkins MBA program offers its Technology Entrepreneurship and Commercialization (TEC) scholars a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience and distinguish themselves by acting as project leads on due diligence teams for the Wolfpack Investor Network.
- 100 donors giving $25 each pays for at least two students to have a global study abroad experience.
To Recruit and Retain World-Class Faculty to Foster Student Learning, Scholarship and Service
- Supply Chain Professor Eda Kemahlioglu-Ziya is one member of our Poole faculty making a tremendous impact inside and outside of the classroom.
- Your contributions send faculty members to summits and workshops, allowing them to network with business and government leaders from across the US.
To Support Faculty Research to Impact Local and Global Communities
- In the recently published issue of Poole Business, you’ll find a roundup of some recent Thought Leadership in the Media, just one measure of the impact our faculty research is having locally and globally.
- Over $4.9 million in contributions have supported faculty research since early 2016.
To Build and Strengthen Poole College
- Our investments occur inside and outside of Nelson Hall. The Entrepreneurship Clinic doubled its HQ Raleigh space in the past year and is now hosting the largest Clinical Practicum (MIE 419) class.