Poole College of Management Calendar
Tuesday Employer Takeover: IBM
- This event has passed.
Come join Poole College of Management and IBM for Tuesday Employer Takeover on September 10, 2019. There will be a series of events throughout the day that will prepare Poole students for the upcoming career fair. The list of events is as follows:
- Casual Coffe Chat LIVE! in Meeting Room 1129 from 9:30-10:30: IBM representatives will answer student questions virtually through Poole College Instagram TV and Facebook Live.
- Java Jump Start in the 2nd Floor Hallway near Port City Java from 10:30-11:30: This will be an informational table for IBM representatives to hang out swag and recruiting materials. They will also be answering any student questions on what is important to do to prepare for the career fair.
- Port City Java Takeover in 2nd Floor Port City Java from 12:00-1:30: The IBM and Poole Diversity and Inclusion teams will be setting up dressing rooms for students to sample business attire and gain feedback in preparation for the career fair.
- Crash the Career Coaches’ Resume Reviews in Nelson Hall 1131 from 3:00-4:30: IBM representatives will be reviewing student resumes and conducting mock interviews.
- MBA Meet and Greet in Nelson Hall 1130 at 4:30: Students within the Jenkins MBA program will have the opportunity to engage directly with the EOTD.
- Crash the 1st-year MBA Career Class in Nelson Hall 1130 at 5:15: IBM representatives will be working with the first-year MBA class on job search techniques
- Unswitching the Code Presentation in Nelson 2403 from 6:30-8: IBM will be giving a presentation on Code Switching, which refers to the notion that people of color tend to speak in a different tone and style in an effort to become more approachable by a future employer at the cost of the individual’s authenticity. Here, IBM will discuss how students can bring their most authentic selves into a career search process and what to anticipate during the career fair.
If you are interested in coming to the career fair or speaking with IBM, these are great events to attend!