- This event has passed.
The Basics of Launching ERM for Strategic Value
February 27, 2020 | 8:00 am - February 28, 2020 | 5:00 pm
Renaissance Raleigh North Hills
Join us for our Overview of Enterprise Risk Management: The Basics of Launching ERM for Strategic Value on Thursday and Friday, February 27-28, 2020 in Raleigh, NC at the Renaissance Raleigh North Hills. Gain valuable knowledge about the basic fundamentals of enterprise risk management (ERM) including methods and strategies for strengthening board and management oversight of your entity’s emerging enterprise risk exposures. The course, which is designed for those with minimal understanding of ERM, is taught by faculty who lead NC State’s ERM Initiative, in addition to guest speakers who lead risk oversight in their organization. The course consists of lectures and in class exercises and resembles an MBA-level course design. This workshop qualifies for the NEW NC State ERM Fellow Designation.
- Understanding Relationship of ERM and Traditional Risk Management Tactics
- Addressing Increased Expectations for Stronger Risk Oversight
- Pinpointing Critical Elements of an ERM Process
- Ensuring ERM is Integrated with Strategic Planning – Creating a Strategic Lens on Risks
- Highlighting Strategies for Risk Identification and Assessment
- Assessing Adequacy of Current Risk Responses and Developing Key Risk Indicators to Monitor Emerging Risks
- Communicating Risk Information to the C-Suite and Board
- Illustrating Practical Tools and Templates to Support an ERM Process